Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Rick McCusker

Default Room service & Laundry

Was on the Diamond Princess 5-15/22 so I can speak for that ship only. There was a laundry aboard with a $1.00 charge for washing and $1.00 for drying.
Room service is provided free of charge... Our steward was fabulous so we compensated him by slipping him some cash at the end of the cruise. Princess says you are supposed to pick up an envelope at the purser's desk for any tips you wish to give to the staff, and they will distribute accordingly. Didn't want to do that because I would think it wouldn't not make it to the steward.
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Pea

Default Re: Room service & Laundry

Room service is no charge...but you are expected to tip. The money in the auto tip does not include room service delivery (since many people do not use room service).

Believe me, if you hand the money to the steward, he/she will turn it over. They don't want to chance losing their jobs. If you leave the auto-tip in place, the steward we get the extra cash back anyway.

Pea
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Yeoman

I have read that the auto tip is divided between all the crew that gets tipped, and anything that you hand them in cash, they get to keep. That may have been on HAL though. I would think it would be the same on all the Carnival lines?

Carnival Inspiration
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:18 AM
bluewaves

no anything that you give them, anything be it cash or otherwise gets split up in pool unless you tip everyone.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
First Mate

We did an auto tip and also tipped room steward, waiter and asst. waiter by envelope. They told us they get to keep what the envelope held!!! The tip pool they share, that came from our waiter!!