Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Default Movies on Princess Ships

On princess ships, are movies shown on the in-cabin television sets? Are they generally newer movies?

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Movies on Princess Ships

yes you can watch movies in your stateroom, they are not new releases,but not too old either - for example we cruised this Feb and we caught "School of Rock" and "Maid in Manhatten". Depending upon which ship you are sailing on you might have "Movies Under the Stars"- outdoor movie theatre by the pool, showing more current movies.
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Passenger

On the Diamond, they have a theater, pretty good movies showing, Something's gotta give, Calendar girls, and so on. We didn't watch much t.v. in the room, but there were a few good movies playing in the evening.
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Lynne &Trevor

On one of our cruises, I think it was the Golden, in 2001 (whatever year Chocolat and A Knight's Tale came out) we saw the movies in the Princess Theater, and then discovered that the same one was on the TV the following morning in the cabin. If the movies are obtained through satellite, then the showings might be geared to the schedule of the signal, or channel--HBO? I don't think it deters from anything and there's nothing wrong with it-I was just surprised, and if I wanted, could watch the movie again and pick up what I missed on the big screen. I don't know if that is still the case or procedure.

Old June 5th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Shelly U.

When I was on the Diamond last month, they showed Mona Lisa Smile, and Lord of the Rings / Return of the King. Both were on the TV the day after they were showed in the theatre.
Old June 5th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Rick McCusker

I was on the Diamond with Shellu U. and I preferred watching the movie on the in-room TV. The projection system on the Diamond isn't that good. Instead of an actual projection, you're seeing a giant monitor because the movie is on a DVD. The resolution isn't that good and it's kind of dim. Nowhere near what you get in a regular theatre.
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Passenger

The movies are FIRST run. They play them in various lounges...sometimes good sometimes bad as far as the seating and quality of picture. They also broadcast movies on the TV. This was great as my travel partner is handicapped. He was thrilled to have something to do in the room. One day he watched a different movie from 7:00 am till 10 Pm that night.