Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:35 AM
gaschatt

Default Partially Obstructed on Diamond

I am cruising 7/3 on the Diamond. The room I am in (E415) is 'Partially Obstructed' yet when I look at pictures of the ship, it appears the window for that room has no obstruction (if I'm counting right). Has anyone seen this or any room close by? Is there any obstrructions?
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Rick McCusker

Default Re: Partially Obstructed on Diamond

We were in E308 - another "partially obstructed view" stateroom on the Diamond Princess. The left side of the window was obstructed by about 10% by the lifeboat davit. That deck has the lifeboats outside the windows, so you may get to see something, you may not. If you go to the www.princess.com, you can look at a "floor plan" that's very accurate and it should show you where the lifeboat is in relation to your window.
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:55 PM
gaschatt

Default Re: Re: Partially Obstructed on Diamond

Actually there are no lifeboats in this area, however, in the middle of it there is a big white box that seems to almost totally block at least two windows. If the deck plans are accurate I am appear to be about two windows away from this and should have an open view. I was curious if my window counting was accurate and also curious why they call this area 'partially' obstructed (as opposed to just plain obstructed as they refer to the rooms in the areas around the lifeboats like E308) though it does not appear to be obstructed at all
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Rick McCusker

Default Re: Re: Re: Partially Obstructed on Diamond

If you can get a photograph of the ship on the port side, you should be able to see if you have a good view. If you do get a photo, look at the life boats. There are 2 groups of five. Our stateroom was at the bow of the fifth one from the bow of the ship. If I remember correctly, your stateroom is about 4 or 5 farther aft than ours was (the cabin numbers don't make much sense!). I can e-mail a photo of the ship on the port side if you need it.

Rick