Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM
First Mate

Default Caribbean Princess photos (Part 2)

I've created another photo gallery to complete our Western Caribbean cruise on May 8-15, 2004.

You may view the Caribbean Princess 2004 (Part 2) gallery by clicking on this link:
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1939

For those who may have missed the first gallery and would like to see it, you will find it here:
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1934

Post Edited (06-07-04 16:54)
Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Caribbean Princess photos (Part 2)

Thank you again for posting some more pictures of the cruise. Like I said before, I can't wait to go....and I will post pictures too.

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:30 AM
seeker

Default Re: Re: Caribbean Princess photos (Part 2)

Thank you for posting the great pictures! What catagory cabin did you have? Looked great!
Seeker
Old June 8th, 2004, 07:44 AM
First Mate

Thanks Sue and Seeker for your nice comments about my photos. It makes the effort to edit and post them all worthwhile.

Seeker... we booked in category BB and were originally assigned to Riviera Deck. Prior to our cruise, we requested a move from Riviera to Caribe Deck because we enjoy the extra large balcony on Caribe. Below is a photo of our stateroom C707 shortly after we boarded.

We really liked our location since it was right across from elevator bank and stairway.

Post Edited (06-08-04 08:26)
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Howard & Cindy

Great Pictures. Can you tell me the Camera that you used on your cruise. I am especialy interested in the 10x optical zoom.

Howard
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Hi Howard...

Your positive comment about my photos is appreciated. I am using an Olympus C-2100 Ultra-Zoom digital camera. It is only 2.1 megapixel but has excellent optics and several very nice features... including a 10x optical zoom, image stabilization, mini-movie with sound capability, an excellent macro setting feature as well as full auto and manual settings. Unfortunately, the C-2100 UZ (or more affectionately know as the "UZzie") was discontinued by Olympus several years ago. They do have several cameras in their line now with 10x optical and up to 4 megapixels but they do not have image stabilization.

This is the "UZzie"....

Here a link to an excellent resource for detailed information and reviews about all brands of digital cameras.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/default.htm (then click on Camera Reviews)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Post Edited (06-08-04 14:54)
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the Beautiful Pictures. Can't wait till I go. We are on R-338

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Bob, thanks for the info. I'll post my shots when we get back.

Howard
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Wonderful pictures, Bob. And, since we go to Ft. Lauderdale fairly often for the weekend-we live about 2 1/2 hours from there, it is nice to see the shots of the Ship from the Airport.It just shows how tall She actually is! I will live vicariously through your cabin shot, as we have an inside this time-unless the upgrade fairy visits us at the last minute. Thanks again. The shots of the Cozumel dock area and surrounding ships at sea are also memorable. Lynne

Old June 9th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Peg C

Hi Bob...what a find to see your pictures! We are also on the Caribe deck and I was dying to see a picture of the room and balcony size. Can you tell me, was there not a chaise lounge chair on the balcony? I didn't see one.

Also can you tell me if it is true that the Caribe deck balconies are "partially covered?" I know they are larger than the balconies on the decks above so I realize they are not fully covered but was hoping they were partially covered.

Thanks so much for sharing.
Peg
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:51 PM
First Mate

Thanks, Lynne, for your nice comments. I so glad that you enjoyed my photos. Inside stateroom or balcony, I know that you will have a fabulous cruise on this gorgeous ship. However, I will have my fingers crossed for that upgrade fairy to drop by to see you. (grins)

Bob
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:07 PM
First Mate

Hi Peg.. I'm so glad that you found my photos useful. There is not a chaise lounge chair on the balcony. There are a couple of padded chairs with reclining backs and a footstool. However, if you would like a chaise lounge, I've heard through the grapevine that if you will ask your room steward very nicely, he may be able to procure one for you.

The balconies on Caribe Deck are partially covered, about half, and they are twice as deep as the balconies on the other decks. Contrary to the popular belief, the balcony on Caribe is actually larger than the balcony on Dolphin where the mini-suites are located. I think this misconception is the result of the deck plans in the brochures not being drawn to correct scale. As you can see in the following photo, the interior of the mini-suites actually ends at the end of the balcony of the Caribe deck, i.e. the interior of the mini-suite is the size of the Caribe stateroom and balcony combined. Perhaps this photo I took on the Caribbean Princess will make all this a little clearer.

Bob

Post Edited (06-10-04 18:13)
Old June 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, this is exactly what I was trying to find out! Thanks for the trouble you took to show us! I think we're going to love our cabin! Thanks again!
Peg

Caribbean Princess
Old June 14th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Peg C

Bob, Why is your photo no longer showing with the decks? It now says access denied? Thanks,
Peg
Old June 14th, 2004, 10:11 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess photos (Part 2)

Peg... I have no idea why that is not working for you... I can still see it okay. Is anyone else having a problem seeing that balcony photo I put into my June 10th message?

Old June 14th, 2004, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Oops... posted my reply in the wrong place...

Peg... I have no idea why that is not working for you... I can still see it okay. Is anyone else having a problem seeing that balcony photo I put into my June 10th message?

Old June 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
shadow99

Bob,great pictures of the Caribbean Princess!!!As a TA I am waiting patiently for the cruiseline to post the agent rates for this vessel...Hubby is fascinated by it and I am just in love with Princess Cruises...this will be our third Princess Cruise..we usually travel in October or November..BTW..I was able to view all the photos and the balcony photo..Cant wait to book this beauty!
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Jennifer Crouch

Give your room steward "part" of his tip in advance for excellent service you are sure to recieve and ask him to get you some chaise lounge chairs and robes. If they say they can't tell them that some people on the last cruise had them and to please check into it for you. You should get them as far as I have been reading on other boards. We sail on 9/25 and I'm gonna try it! The balconies are partially covered by the smaller balconies above them. On page two of this link is another good picture of the balconies

[http://thehulltruth.net/photos/photo...id=489&Page=1]

What sailing are you on?

Jen
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:42 PM
michfediuk

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess photos (Part 2)

Does anyone know anything about the Aloha deck? We are cruising for the 1st time in October and have a balcony, but now I am wondering how big it will be.
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Scott Walters

BOB!!!!!

Those pics were AWESOME...and the explanation about the Dolphin vs Caribe was well done! You must have been a civil engineer or something like that!!! Anyhw, I got quadruple upgraded into cabin D 410 for our journey on July 3rd. I can't wait and will use these pics as a guide....and to see the ship form the airport terminal...WOW!!!

Scott
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:09 PM
First Mate

Scott... I am very pleased that you liked my photos. For an amateur photographer, it's nice to here such kind words. But a civil engineer I'm definitely not. (grins) ... just another stiff who has cruised on the Grand class ships enough to figure out a little about the configuration.

Congratulations on your excellent upgrade!! I've never had a mini-suite but sure would like to some day. The bathrooms look very spacious.

Have a wonderful cruise...

Bob

Post Edited (06-15-04 18:10)