Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Kukana

Default Minisuites - Differences?

I called to talk with Princess and was told that we'd purchased tickets for the lower-end minisuite. I didn't know there were "different" MINISUITES. Of course, I know there are suites, grand suites, etc. But differences in the minisuites themselves? Does anyone know about the differences. I am sailing the end of August on the Diamond Princess.

Thanks for your input on this matter. Happy Sailing Everyone!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
ZVTG

Default Re: Minisuites - Differences?

I dont think there is a difference in the cabin amenities or size, rather the location of the cabin. Category AD & AE are way at the back of the ship on the Emerald deck, while the other minisuites are on the Dolphin deck. The higher category mini-suites (Cat AA) are midship on the Dolphin deck.
-ZVTG
Old June 12th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Admiral

The mini suites are all virtually identical. The main difference is location. AE mini suites have a deck above the veranda and all mini suites on the D deck are open to the above cabins with balconies. AA cabins are mid ship, AB are just fore and aft of mid ship, ACs are farther fore and aft, etc etc.

The two farthest aft cabins on each level D & E, one cabin on each side of the ship, have much larger balconies that wrap around the structure for the disco. These verandas have room for two lounges, a table with four chairs and extra room for moving about. The only drawback is that they have large showers and no tubs in case occupants have a wheelchair. We were assigned one of these cabins on the Star Princess on a guarantee and loved the cabin and especially the patio.
Old June 12th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Admiral

I believe that the differences will be 'location', I don't know about the Diamond, but the Sun Class mini-suites aft have a different configuration than those on the side of the ship.