Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Snick's Guy

Default 10-Day Cruises

Hello---

I just booked my 10th cruise (Sun Princess, Dec 12). This is a 10-day cruise (All my past cruises have been 7-day).

I'm curious as to how a 10-day cruise will compare to a 7-day cruise.

Is the crowd older? Less children? Additional formal nights? Need to do laundry during the cruise?

Any responses are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2004, 01:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: 10-Day Cruises

As far as I am concerned, the longer the cruise, the better. I don't like anything less than 14 days but I probably max out at 21 days. I doubt you'll notice much difference between a 7 and 10 day cruise. Princess has a laundry on board and we usually do a couple of loads of socks and underware midway through the cruise, depending on the length of the cruise it could be more often.

I find that the age of the cruisers is directly proportional to the length of the cruise. Retirees have the time and disposable income to take longer voyages. But as there is not that much difference between a 7 and 10 day, there should also not be much difference in the age of the passengers.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 16th, 2004, 07:32 AM
First Mate

Hey snicks,
Most likely their will be very few children on-board with a slight differance in age. Their will will a third formal also.
We like to pack light, so 1 load of whites during our Princess cruises keeps it that way.
Happy sailing,
Sea Angel and Princess lover (20sailed with one on the way!)
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:10 AM
First Mate

We also signed up for a 10 day, April 8/05 Sun Princess. We thought we would try a 10 day before thinking of 15 to Hawaii. On this particular cruise the first two days are sea days which we both like a lot. We are in our early 60's and retired so we have the time to do a 10 day. What islands are you going on?? We are repeating Grenada, St. Thomas and Aruba but we have never been to St. Vincent or Martinique so that is why we chose this particular cruise. I promised myself this time no overpacking!!!! So maybe I'll see the inside of the laundry room :-)
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

I love 10 days cruises, those extra few days really give you a chance to relax.
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Passenger

We just booked the Dawn for next March, we are bringing 2 kids, ages 11 & 13, one grandma, maybe more grandparents, we are really looking forward to the longer cruise. Since this is a spring break cruise would we see more kids???? In any case my kids love to cruise and will have fun.
Old June 16th, 2004, 03:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: 10-Day Cruises

Yes, spring break means that most likely there will be more kids. However, not all schools break at the same time anymore so that might give you a break. (G)
Frank-in-CA
Old June 17th, 2004, 01:13 AM
judy schenkman

Ten day trips make it worthwhile to go through the packing exercise. Fifteen day trips cause me to have difficulty remembering my home phone number and address when I come back...talk about getting relaxed.

I often wonder what it would be like to be on a ship for 24 days or even to go around the world.

But back to reality, in ten days I usually do a white load of laundry. I have done ironing touch ups while on the ship and sent things out for care while aboard; they have always been returned in a proper fashion.

I believe that there is a third formal night on the ten day trip but you might want to contact Princess for confirmation. (Their 800 Princess telephone number is quite helpful).

I hope that you have a wonderful cruise. Judy
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have been on a couple of ten day cruises on Princess. There have been only two formal nights on each.
We try not to pack too much, and do use the laundramat once or maybe twice, depending on how successful we were in cutting down our packing!
The difference, for us, are the sea days. We love them, so relaxing. We have booked the 15 day Hawaii cruise for next Spring...........MORE sea days, but three formal nights.
The last ten day we were on was last November, including Thanksgiving, and there were more children on board. than I would have guessed. Your kids should have others to keep them company, especially during Spring Break.The ones we saw all seemed to be very well behaved, and we saw them very seldom, they must have been having a good time in the kids program.
Have a great cruise!