Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Whiteknight

Default Grenada Beach Excursion

I realize that there is a good probability that no one can answer this question, but here goes anyway. On the southern caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Golden Princess, one of the ports of call is Grenada. On the excursion list on the Princess site, there are 2 cruise/beach excursions(GND-S Sail and Beach Party @ $49 and GND-R Party Cruise and Beach Exp. @ $34). I'm unable to see any difference in the excursion to account for the price difference and I don't have the excursion list that's available on the ship to research it further, such as the time of day of the excursions, etc. Can anyone shed any light on the reason for the difference in price. If no one knows, I'll just have to wait until I board, but it was worth a shot.
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM
Pea

Default Re: Grenada Beach Excursion

The only difference I can see is the more expensive one offers you snacks on the return trip. Quite frankly, the less expensive one sounds nicer. They are both catamarans, so I'd take either!

Pea
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:12 PM
First Mate

We went on the one offered for $34.00 and had a GREAT time. They serve fresh fruit going out to the beach, with steel drum music and drinks rum or soda. The beach is really nice and the crew on the catamaran were very nice. The tour guide gives a lot of interesting info on the way to the beach. On the way back we had more music, limbo dancing contest and of course rum (if you wanted it) or soda and cheese crackers and fruit. We are going to Grenada in April 05 and wouldn't hesitate to do this tour again. We had a great time watching others have fun. It was well worth the money and you have the opportunity to see a lot of fish when they start to feed them. My husband calls it sissy snorkeling ( he doesn't swim).
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:47 PM
rburns44

Default Re: Re: Grenada Beach Excursion

We are doing the Cruise and Beach. The times for it are 9:45am and 1:15pm. The Sail and Beach is offered at 9:30am and 1:30pm.

Becky
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Whiteknight

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll do one in the morning and the other in the afternoon and then I'll know the difference when I do this cruise again in 2005/2006. If I only do one, Im leaning toward the lower price excursion.