Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM
Snick's Guy

Default P{rincess Specialty Restaurants

Hello---

Our small but festive group just got off the Golden Princess last month (our first Princess cruise after many on Carnival). We had a blast! The food was awesome compared to Carnival.

We decided to eat one night in Sabatini's. Though the food was great, we thought the multiple appetizer courses and then the pasta course before our entree was served was a little "overkill", and we were all full before our entree was served. Also, we all ordered lobster, and though it was tender and moist, it was smaller than the larger tails that were served in the regular dining room several nights later. Though we throroughly enjoyed the meal, we thought it was too much food, and as far as the lobster, not worth the $20, as the lobster was larger and just as tasty in the dining room.

Question:
We will be sailing on the Sun Princess in December, and see that they have just one specialty restaurant (Sterling Steakhouse). We never ate at the Sterling on our last cruise. I see that they only charge $8 per head (which isn't bad). To those who have ated at a Sterling Steakhouse, do you think it is of good value? The posts I have read indicate that people enjoy their steaks, but how does it compare to the steaks in the main dining room? Are they of the save quality or somehow superior?

Your responses are welcomed as always.
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:08 AM
CSY

Default Re: P{rincess Specialty Restaurants

Just got back (unfortunately! wish still on ship!) from 12 day Mediterrean on Star Princess and one night we ate at Tequila's which they referred to as the "Steakhouse". The appetizers were excellent (you chose what you wanted); I had an 8 oz. filet mignon (they also offer 10 or 12 I believe) which I could not finish - it was DELICIOUS; my husband had the ribeye steak and even though he's a big eater, could barely finish his. The price was $15.00 per person & well worth it! It was the quality of a Ruth's Chris, or Morton's of Chicago, IMO. The tenderloin I had in the DR was very, very good, but this was better -could cut the meat with a fork!
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:45 PM
JohnH

Ditto. Just back for Caribbean Princess. The meal at Sterling was the best meal of the cruise. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were twice the size of those in the dining room. The t-bone was excellent. Also the fried peach pie is very good - would be even better with some vanilla ice cream.
Old July 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Pea

I ate at Sterlings on the Golden in May. I was not impressed with the quality of the beef. I had a filet. While the meat was by no means bad, it was not up to the standards of say Ruths Chris, Morton's or even my local steakhouse (which has superb filet). If the price had stayed at $8, I might say it was worth it, but at $15 I felt the steak in the dining room was as good, if not better.

Pea
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Ok, what about Sabattini's? Comments?

Mike
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Mike
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Mike
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Passenger

Mike
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:35 PM
JohnH

We have previously done Sabatini's on Grand, Golden, & Star. Did not do it this time on
Caribbean because part of the group is not crazy about Italian. It has been slightly different each time on the Grand-Golden-Star. Golden was probably the best of the group.