Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:52 PM
Jane Marlow

Default Personal Choice Dining

So if one choses "Personal Choice Dining" one cannot eat in the main dining room?

What a rip! My travel agent didn't mention that. He promoted Personal Choice Dining as a fabulous option of freedom of choice.

I want to sit down to formal dinner...not just fruit cup at a 24 hour bistro. I am going to change it if I can.
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Personal Choice Dining

Hi Jane.. Don't change from PC, your TA was wrong. You can eat in the main dining rooms for all 3 meals, with exception of the one that is designated a 'Traditional', which has two seatings. The other two are the same in every way, only you can go in and eat whenever you please, provided meals are being served. Try to avoid peak dining times ie: 7:00-8:00, as there may be a few minute wait.. I hope this helps. Most people who try PC, never go back to traditional.. Bombero
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:21 PM
atti2dok

You may eat whereever you want, including the formal dining rooms. Enjoy PC.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Jane Marlow

Default Re: Re: Personal Choice Dining

Thanks you guys! I will leave it at PC.. Most likely will want to eat way early or way late so hopefully it won't be a problem..and we're only a couple and don't mind to sit alone or with others.
Old June 26th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Liz B

Personal choice dining was great for us. Sometimes we would want to be on deck until late and were pleased we didn't have to come in and dress up while we were still watching for whales etc. Other times we chose to eat early. If there was a queue we were given a pager and by the time we had sat in the bar for a few minutes, we would be called in. It worked well for us.
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Yeoman

We liked it so much that we let the availably of PC Dining be the deciding factor when we were choosing our next cruise. It has all the benefits of traditional, but is flexible, you can choose your table mates as you meet people you like. You just don't get the waiter parade on the final night.

Carnival Inspiration
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Halen10

I'm confused! Even if you select traditional dining, can't you still go to any of the other restaurants?
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Halen there are traditional dining rooms and then there are PC dining rooms. If you choose traditional you either have a set early or late seating and share your table with other cruisers. If you choose PC you can just show up at the PC dining rooms when you feel like it and request a table for just your party or eat with others. If you have a waiter that you really like with PC you can make a reservation for that table if you want.

Then there are the other dining rooms that anyone can do to but you will pay extra for your meal that night it isn't included with your cruise.

Then there is the horizon court, or pizza and hamburger stations that are on the upper decks that you can go to at anytime with no extra charge.

Hope that helps you understand your choices.

Post Edited (06-26-04 21:39)
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi jane let me explain how it goes if you choose pc dining you can eat anytime in any dining room except the traditional if you choose traditional dining you can eat in the traditional dining rooms & if you don't want to you can use pc but not the other way around so i always choose traditional & i can do either get it?
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Yeoman

If you choose traditional, why would you go to the PC dining room? It makes those of us who chose PC have to wait longer to be seated while your reserved seat is gong unused. The PC dining room then is too busy while the traditional dining room, and your table mates, have empty seats all around. IMO If you don't want to eat at your scheduled time, you should go to the alternative dining rooms. There is apparently a waiting list for traditional dining, so keeping your place in the traditional dining room while using PC is keeping someone who wanted traditional but couldn't get it from getting their choice.

Carnival Inspiration
Old June 27th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi linda i've never seen anyone have a problem getting pc dining sorry but that's the way it goes if you have a problem with it take it up with princess i'm not changing any rules
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Admiral

and don't forget that the dress code for the evening applies to ALL dining rooms, the exception being the buffet, cafes and pizzeria.
You can switch from Traditional dining to Anytime Dining if you find that Traditional dining is not to your liking, you cannot however, switch from Anytime to Traditional Dining. If you decided to switch from Traditional to Anytime for the duration of your cruise, please inform the Maitre D so that he can free up your table for those who are on the waiting list for Traditional dining. Another point if you have Traditional dining and decide to try one of the alternative restaurants, again as a courtesy please inform the Maitre D that you will not be dining with him tonight so that your regular waitstaff won't be waiting for you.