Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM
ZVTG

Default Golden Princess Cancelling Puerto Rico Port?

Seeing that San Juan Puerto Rico is the Golden Princess embarkation port, this could have a huge impact on passengers that have arranged for airfare to San Juan.

I just heard from some people who live in Puerto Rico and they are saying that the local news station is reporting the GOLDEN PRINCESS will not dock in Puerto Rico beginning in November 2004. I called Princess today and they have no idea about the situation. It was reported that the Port Charges/Gov't Fees keep going up for Puerto Rico, therefore Princess is getting tired of the prices and is threatening to (or possibly might have already) removed ships from the San Juan Puerto Rico itinerary.

This is all based on a news report coming out of San Juan, so I cannot provide any factual resource. Anyone else in Puerto Rico see/hear about this?

-ZVTG
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:30 PM
ZVTG

Default Re: Golden Princess Cancelling Puerto Rico Port?

Here is a link to the news station in Puerto Rico reporting the above information:
http://www.televicentropr.com/

The website is in spanish so it's hard to find the article. Maybe someone can search or call the news station to verify the story. Si or No?
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Golden Princess Cancelling Puerto Rico Port?

Wow I wonder if other ships will follow and do the same thing.