Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Passenger

Default Rollcal - Carribean Princess - Sept. 18. 2004

Hi Every one!!

Just wanted to find a few cruisemates on the Eastern Caribbean Tour .

Fran and I are first time cruisers and looking forward to our new experiences!!

Booked an Outside balcony on the Alhoa deck.

We are from Canada, outside of Toronto and looking to meet new friends.

We are celbrating our 24th annivesary on Sept. 20th during the cruise!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Rich
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Rollcal - Carribean Princess - Sept. 18. 2004

Welcome! There is another thread on this board that was started some time ago for this cruise. Trevor and I will be on your cruise, along with Carol,Ashley, Angie, Mark, Amanda, Joe, Rob, Melanie, vav, and many others.

I'm originally from Montreal but have been in the states since the late 1950's and a citizen since high school. However, my dad lives in Toronto. I have several relatives in Montreal, some in Nova Scotia, and many scattered throughout Ontario. vav (user name) is from Newfoundland!!!! Are you from Missisaugua? We have friends in Nobleton.

Trevor and I will probably be in Ft. Lauderdale the evening of Sept.17, if we don't decide to drive down from our home Saturday morning,Sept.18. We live about 2 1/2 hours from there. It has finally been decided to go down this weekend for the July 4 events,as I have a 3 day break from work. "Our" ship will be in and we'll get to see her once more before we cruise. We saw her for the first time on Mother's Day.What a beauty she is!

So, I'll alert Carol and I'm sure she'll welcome you,too. I've never had a bad cruise on Princess. I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts. We'll all be happy to answer any of your questions-that we can! . Lynne==Happy Anniversary-soon!

Old June 28th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Hello and welcome. Always glad to meet more fellow cruisers. I will be on this cruise with my 19 year old daughter and my sister, and I am ready to have fun. Cruising is the only vacation for me. Be prepared to be treated like a queen and king. I love it. Congrats early on you annivesary. We will be looking forward to having you count the days down with us. Have you decided on any tours? My daughter, sister, Lynne, Trevor and I will be going on the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas, check it out you may be interested. Hope that you get a clock running to count down with us. Again welcome

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old June 28th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Lynne &Trevor

RichArch-
Check your email! There are some answers to your questions there, I bet!
Glad you are on the Board with us. I'm so happy to see our countdown clock down to 81 days! Makes every day to the cruise look that much closer!! Bye for now. Lynne

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Rollcal - Carribean Princess - Sept. 18. 2004

Lynne,

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to our trip in 81 DAYS!!!!

Hope others join in. Looking into the St. Thomas Regatta tour.

Heard it is a blast.

Rich
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:47 PM
lem and deb

Deb and I will be on our first cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I am a little nervous but I am very excited. We have not planned any tours but would like to get the maximum out of the cruise.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Kevin And Sara

This will be our first cruise on Princess, we are excited as well. We've booked the St. Thomas sail and snorkel tour as well as the New Waves Discover Dive in St. Maarten. Has anyone ever heard anything about these two excursions?
Also, we have a balcony room at the very end of the ship (not up on my ship lingo, but the room is on the very BACK of the ship)- does anyone know anything about these rooms?
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Beginner

Hi Kevin and Sara,
I just saw a review on another site of a couple who was in an aft cabin.They really enjoyed it. The Hubby said he'd want to reserve that cabin every time they sailed from now on. Also, Trevor and I were in an aft cabin on another line last year and enjoyed it. We were two decks from the top and didn't have much trouble from above.The Aft pool was back there, but the balcony above us protected us pretty well from onlookers. They couldn't see us much unless we were more towards the back, by the rail.
One thing to watch for is that the floor will be wet first thing in the morning-from our experience, from the trickle down effect of the pool deck being washed. Also, we got a stray napkin or two that got away in the wind. I'm not sure if the Steward washes the balcony floors every day. The Elevators weren't that far from us, and we quickly learned how to get back and forth on the ship--well, at least, I did.

Lynne

Old July 14th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Passenger

Thanks Lynn for organizing a "Meet and Greet" on board!!

Fran and I will problably be a tad late - around 1:30 p.m. or so!!!

Save us a spot and a few Tidbits!!! -

Any suggestions on how we can identify the group??? -

By the way, how large is the Group???

If we can collect all the names - Ages - where they are from - what decks they are booked on - I am willing to put together a manifest and distribute to everyone just before the ship sails. Make it a little easier to find each other during the cruise??

WOW am i getting exicted about this Trip!!! Counting the DAYS!!!!

Rich
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Hi RichArch I won't probally won't be there until 1 to 1:30 myself but will be ready for fun. It is nice of you to help get us organized. As for who will be with me, it is myself (Carol Brewer) 49, my daughter (AshleyGriffitts) 19, and my sister (Angie Mc Anear)42. Looking forward to meeting all of you in 66 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Old July 14th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Admiral

I forgot to say our cabin is on Rivera R-338

Old July 14th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Beginner

Hi,
I've met some of you on the other board at the critic, but in case RichArch is putting together a list - my brother Louie and I (Brenda) will be joining you all on this wonderful cruise. We wont be hard to spot, Louie has Down Syndrome and uses a wheelchair but he loves the attention so if you see us please say Hi!!!!! We are on the Caribe deck cabin C312. We are also arriving in FLL on Friday so hopefully we will be able to board early.
Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying a fantastic cruise.
Brenda

Post Edited (07-15-04 14:04)
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Kevin And Sara

Hey yall-

Looking forward to meeting everybody- Sara and Kevin (both 27 from Jacksonville, FL)and we'll be in room E734.
Where exactly at the back of the ship are you talking about meeting? What deck exactly?
I haven't found all of the threads, so I'm glad this one is going.

Sara and Kevin
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I'm going to keep checking with the other board, as this meeting stuff is "hot off the press". From what I understand, we will be at the aft pool area by the bar area/pool.The extreme top back of the ship on the top deck. Lido?

I am Lynne, 58 in August. Trevor will be 65 Sept 30. We will be in Baja 408, and inside cabin where we hope the twin beds will convert to a queen!! Our goal was to get on the Ship and go from there.

Hi Brenda and Louie, I "met" you on the other board.

I'm not sure how large the group is, as the other thread has been active on and off. I think I've been posting with at least 10 others,which are part of a two-some, and there are some children. Another fellow, Rob, has emailed me several times since our cruise was initially posted. He's going with Melanie, I think. Then there's Richard and his spouse. I think we have a fairly large group if we can meld into one cohesive gathering.

Rich-email me and we can get into some specifics about posts, etc.
This is going to be really great if it can be pulled together. Lynne

Old July 15th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Thanks, Rich.
I think there will be a few changes in final plans before our cruise, as to when or where to meet. The "Final Answer" will come a few days before the date, I expect.

We're not even sure now whether we'll be down there the night before.I hope we are able to go, but Trevor is still weighing the pros and cons of spending extra money the night before we go. We can be down there in 2 1/2 hours the morning of the 18th.There's still some time left to to decide He wants to know where he can leave his car for a week-free! It would cost $84 to leave it in the Terminal Garage. (The last resort is at my mother-in -law's and we take a taxi to the Pier.)

Anyway, things are now in the "pipeline" as they say, so we can get to the specific details in the next couple of months.

Lynne

Trevor Warman-65 (Sept.30)-Avon Park,Fl.-Baja 408-Retired Postal Clerk
Lynne Warman-58 (Aug.23)-Avona Park,Fl.-Baja 408-Activities Associate-Retirement Community.

Old July 15th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Hi Again, I have left out info, but will leave it again with the other info you want Rich.

Carol Brewer- 49 (Feb 9)- Springfield, Ohio - R-338 Business Office Manager @ Nursing Home

Ashley Griffitts- 19 (April 25) - Springfield, Ohio - R-338 Nursing Assistant and Nursing Student

Angie McAnear - 42 (July 7) - Springfield, Ohio - R-338 Production worker for Bob Evans Farms
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Karen/Gary

HI everyone.
Just to let you know that we also will be joining you all on the Caribbean Princess on the 18th of Sept. This will be our 2nd Princess cruise.. having gone on the Grand Princess last year. We are very excited about cruising on this beautiful new ship. We live only about 30 miles from the port.. and have seen her leave for a couple of her cruises.. and wishing we were on board.

If you are all getting together would love to be a part of that group.. please let us know when and where.
Karen Klingenberg 58 (Jan) Lake Worth, FLorida retired )
Gary Klingenberg 60 (Sept 18th will be his birthday!!!) Assist. operations manager for a produce company.
We will be on the Caribe Deck #602

Counting the days.. and they are going fast now.. I think I could start packing now right?? We had our pre-cruise docs arrive today... so the countdown is really happening.
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:28 AM
fig414

Hi all

Our first Princess after 3 Carnivals. We are in our 40's from Long Island and ready to rock.
Fig
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi-Glad to have you all with us! This is great having us getting together like this. I left my email address on the other board, wuwuwu, so now it's public information. I found that both of us had denied access when we initially profiled. I was going to provide the info over here but you beat me to it.

What do you think of the idea of combining boards, as waterrats suggested? I'm not sure of the logistics involved, or ethics, if there are any. We just don't want to miss anybody. Thank you, Rich, for compiling the Manifesto. When do you plan on distributing it-how, when, where? The questions are starting about that.

Karen and Gary, nice to have you with us. Hi, again, fig414!

As for our time to meet, as I've said, it will probably change a couple of times as we get further schedules, ideas,etc.But it's most important that we have a definite plan for place and time by the week before we sail that will be the "final answer".

Our pre-cruise documents arrived in the mail today,too, so we're on our way.Some, Trevor has already done online,but I think we'll complete the immigration paper work anyway, as on our last cruise we were asked to hand it to the volunteer in the terminal even though we had already done it. Mutter,mutter. It wasn't a Princess cruise.Now, we're really looking forward to the tickets, then it will be real!

Goodnight for now. I'll check in with the Board tomorrow-Sat. Lynne

Old July 16th, 2004, 10:55 PM
fig414

Lynn
You are are doing yeoman's job. As I have read over the past 6 months, some people will show and many will not. I think you are a great leader here and therefore give a spot to meet and let the chips fall for where they lay. Make the choice. The other thread is perking up,
Fig
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Joe from the other board. Seems like everyone is posting here so decided to make things slightly easier for Rich.

Joe -32 (Feb 23)- Baja Deck B703, Springfield, VA, Network Engineer
Kelly - 30(Apr14)- Meeting Planner.

Married 6+ years. 2 kids (2 and 5). They are staying home. We need some time away.

Does anyone know when we should receive our pre-cruise docs? I see Lynne and Trevor have already received theirs.

Now that we are starting to get a meeting place, can we start talking Excursions?

We may be going to St. John. We have been told the beaches are nicer.
Also, from reading all the boards, the Americas challenge sailboat race seems like a bunch of fun. Any other suggestions?
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Rollcal - Carribean Princess - Sept. 18. 2004

Good morning everyone !!!

The manifest is coming together - Everyone has been really good about providing the information. So far have collected about 36 names - of known people going on the CP on 09.18.04.

The idea is to make a list of known cruisers to meet and make new friends with. If possible I will send to everyone who provides me with the infomation a list about two weeks before we sail - say on the 3rd of Sept.

I think the meeting place suggestion is the "Terrace Pool" on the Riviera Deck, that is the pool at the rear of the ship - also known as the Aft part of the ship.

With everyone wanting to make dining and movie reservations and such perhaps we can meet around 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. and do the Sail Away Party together??

Keep in touch everyone !!!

Regards
Rich
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Admiral

That sounds like a great idea Rich. I do think we sould all meet for the sail away party together. That would be lots of fun. I received my pre cruise doc. last week in the mail. We are going on the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas and have not planned anything yet for St. Marrten. Lynne and Trevor are also going to join us for that tour if any one else is interested. I have not been on the cruise critic, but think I will try to find it. We are almost there now. It may not be time to pack yet, but I think I can start to smell the ocean!!!!!http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/Boatwht.gif

Old July 17th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Admiral

My clock and picture did not post, I will try again as I love to see that clock and the days go down

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello,
I was just over on the other board. Joe, I wrote that I hope you had a good time on the Potomac. I'm trying to get vav back into the mix. He's got such a nice location up in Newfoundland.
The 3-4PM time will probably be a go, although I did offer to take more suggestions. But, I think as the time goes by, our plan will be set by the majority.

I'm glad that Carol filled you in on our plans for St.Thomas, Rich, as I forgot to do that this morning. I can't believe I was on this post and emailing 12 hours ago.

I'll close for now. I see that you found the thread, Carol, on the other board. I know you persevere. Just look at the clock and all the problems we had getting ours in the first place!!

Bye for now. Lynne

Old July 18th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Passenger

Lynne and Carol,

Have sent Godfrey an e-mail - asking him to book my wife and I on the tour for the 21st. The tour sounds just what Fran and will want to do on St. Thomas.

Wanted to do the scuba diving thing but I have not dived in over 20 years - Besides the wife says I'm too out of shape!!!!!

Have also booked us on the the American Regatta (8:30 a.m.) on St. Maarten on the 22nd. Need to do something active since I wiil be soooooo relaxed after being on board for 4 days!!!!

Gotta go, see you guys later!!!

AS of this time - Looking at 61 Days to go!!!!!!!

Rich
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Rich, that is great news! It's always nice when we have more people that we know going with us.
I'm sure you'll have fun on the Regatta. Trevor says that he should have done that, but we have rented a car for the day in St. Maarten, so we can do our own tour. We might have to follow a ship's tour around to make sure we don't get lost!!!

Had a great time in Orlando today having lunch with some cruisers from the "People" Board. There were about 10 of us and there are pictures posted in the Picture Gallery (non cruise pictures section) so you can get an idea of what we look like. I guarantee that my hair will be longer than that when we take our cruise. It was just permed yesterday and is still very tight!.

Trevor has been napping since shortly after our return from Orlando. I should have slept, too, as I posted a reply twice on another board. Whoops!

Bye for now. Hey, anybody, what time is the Muster Drill on 9/18? Before we leave port? I don't remember. Lynne

Old July 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Rich i am glad you will be joining us on the Godfrey tour. I think it will be a good time.

Hey Lynne, I checked your pictures out, you looked like you all were having a good time.

Post Edited (07-18-04 19:21)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Rich,
Glad to hear that others will be on the regatta with us. I have to still track down my booking number this week but is my main goal of accomplishment.

Lynne,
Had a great day on the Potomac yesterday. We decided to put the boat in the water near the house and cruise the 20 or so miles up to Georgetown. Absolutely beautiful weather during the early afternoon hours. Later in the day (probably about 5pm but not sure) thunderstorms and rain rolled through. We motored south to Old Town Alexandria for pizza and wings which we ate on the boat. Everyone was a little wet and slightly cold but not that bad. My kids managed to stay mostly dry somehow. We then left the dock at almost 7pm to continue south to Lorton VA for about 8pm. All and all not a bad day on the water. I could have done without the thunderstorms though but we all made it through fine. Being a meteorogist ( degree wise anyway) I should have known better to check the forecast before leaving and then put the boat in at National Airport. Well hopefully plenty more boating days ahead before I make it on the ship. 2 months from today. Can and can't wait. Don't want to wish the summer gone just yet.
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Plantocruise

Hi All, We will also be going with you and have been following this from the other board.
For the manifest we are:
Steve Haines 48 General Manager of a commercial tire Business
Sue Haines 50 School Administrator
We are in D310 on the good ole Dolphin Deck and we are from Tampa.

Now -- Let's get on the ship- Man am I ready!