Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Balcony size on the Sun Princess

Hello All---

Our group sailed on the Golden Princess earlier this year, and noticed that balcony size varied, depending on deck. Also, the balconies were terraced in such a way, in that those above had a partial view of the balcony below.

Our group is next sailing on the Sun Princess later this year, and have a question about balconies on this ship. Are all balconies (excluding suites) the same size? Are they private, or are they semi-exposed to others?

Thanks for your posts.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2004, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Balcony size on the Sun Princess

the Sun Princess does not have the tiered balconies like the Grand Class ships. We have sailed on her sister the Sea Princess (balcony cabin Caribe deck) and loved it. Loved the layout. Big ship but with a cozy feel to it.She isn't as big as the Golden but still plenty large. Go to Princess web site, click on fleet , go to Sun Princess, then go to staterooms and it will give you all that information.
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

The standard balcony cabins on the Sun Princess are rather small, especially when you consider the fact that the cabin INCLUDING the balcony is only 179 sq. ft.
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:34 PM
Yeoman

I think on the Aloha and Baja decks it is about 4' deep and the width of your room (about 10'?). You have enough room to sit, but not much more. I have heard that on the Carrib deck the balconies are twice as deep.

Carnival Inspiration
Old July 21st, 2004, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Snicks Guy,
Check out this site, it gives cabin sizes along with balconies:

Cruise Stateroom.com

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:29 PM
SharB

Snicks:

I checked out the web site and only saw an "average" - maybe I didn't look far enough into the site? We had C747 on the Dawn (mini) and the size was 536 sq ft
I believe our balcony was approx 8 ft deep by 12 ft wide (wonderful!)
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

The balconies on the Dawn/Sun are cut into the ship, rather than on the outside. Your balcony will be very private. We were in a BA cabin on the Riviera Deck and loved the balcony..........small but cozy and private. If you go to any photo gallery on one of the Cruise message boards, or on the Princess site, and look at a picture of the Dawn/Sun, you will see that the balconies are different from those on any of the other Princess ships. I do know that the mini suite and regular suite balconies are bigger, because those cabins are wider..........I don't think they are any deeper, because of being cut into the ship, but perhaps someone else can address the suite balconies;
Happy cruise!