Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2004, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default port/hotel info

I need some help.
I will be traveling on Princess Cruise Line which leaves from Los Angeles. I have never left from California before. Is the port that services Los Angeles the same as Long Beach?
We will be flying into the area the day before we leave on the cruise. Are there any hotels that have free shuttles from the airport to the hotel & free shuttles from the hotel to the port?
I have never been to California, any help out there?
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: port/hotel info

Princess has ships which leave from two different terminals. Some leave from Long Beach, and some leave from San Pedro. If your ship leaves from Long Beach, you would probably want to stay in Long Beach, and if San Pedro, then you could stay in San Pedro. If your information says "Port of Los Angeles", that is probably San Pedro. I have not heard of hotel shuttles from LAX to either San Pedro or Long Beach, but I have heard that there is a shuttle that you pay for, from LAX. Many of the hotels have free shuttles from the hotel to the port. Hopefully, someone will answer with the name of the shuttle service you can purchase from LAX to port. There is also an airport in Long Beach. We live in Nevada, so drive to the California ports. We have stayed at the Best Western, the Marina Hotel (when it was a Hilton), and are booked at the Sheraton for our upcoming cruise, all in San Pedro. There are many hotels in Long Beach, all the big chains............but we haven't stayed at any of them.
Have a great cruise!