Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cat BD?

We have a gtd cabin and on the listing for our room it says Category BD .. does that stand for Baja Deck or is there a specific set of rooms set aside on the Baja Deck that have that category?

Karen
Honeymoonin on the Star
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Ken Jones

Default Re: Cat BD?

Hello Karen My wife and I almost aways take gtd or gty or whatever, for a guaranteed cabin, and the last one I booked aboard the Caribbean Princess also came back with a cabin of B##. I questioned it because I couldn't find that cabin # on the Princess, and was told that they put that code in to fill the space so that the computer won't see it as a blank. We still haven't been assigned the cabin yet, so time will tell, but in any case, I wouldn't worry about it. Give your agent or Princess a call and ask them. If they say something other than what I was told, please let me know! Good sailing!
Ken
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Karen, you can also check deck plans and see the category. Instead of Baja, I think it means balcony-Dolphin

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Jim and Susan

We are also sailing on the Star Princess and have a Category BD balcony stateroom...we're on the Baja deck. Before we booked, I went on Travelocity.com and looked at each deck...Baja is the only one with the BD category.

Excluding mini-suites the balcony categories on each deck are:

Emerald: BB, BE, BF

Dolphin: BB

Caribe: BA, BB

Baja: BC, BD

Aloha: BB, BC

Lido: BA

I'm not sure what differences there are between these rooms, besides those balconies that are exposed, partially covered, or fully covered. Baja's are fully covered.

Hope this helps!
Old July 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Ken Jones

Actually, after taking a minute to look it up, on the Star, BD is Baja, balcony, two lower beds. (doesn't sound too romantic for a honeymoon!) I'm sure they can be made into a king.
Ken
Old July 25th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Category BD are the cabins at the extreme forward and aft of the ship on the Baja deck. If the seas are rough you will feel a lot of movement.
Old July 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Passenger

the BE is also on the Baja. we are booked for 8/14
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mary07054 BE is on the Emerald deck of the Star Princes if you on on the Baja deck you must be on a different ship.
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Michael Kays

I booked guanteed balcony on 10/23 Caribbean Princess..we have already been assigned a cabin..Im booked in category BD ..but my cabin assignment is A718, on the Aloha deck..I go figure..
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Michael Kays

ok so after reading all the messages I had to call Princess..the BD does not indicate any particular deck..yes,the B is for Balcony, and they rate there balcony's A thru ?..BA being what Princess would consider best of that particular balcony type. Each deck can have many different assignements..accoring to location..now I'm really confused!!
Old July 29th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Michael Kays you don't need to be confused look at your deck plan find the color on the room you want and look at the color code for that deck plan and you will see the category.
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK .. I didn't mean to confuse anyone ... I called and they said that BD does just mean Baja Deck and that there was no way of finding out my room number until I get to the port in Ft Lauderdale <sigh> I am so impatient hehe
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Karen you are right in that BD is on the Baja Deck but it doesn't mean Baja Deck. JJ, BD, BC, PS and OS are all stateroom descriptions or categories on the Baja Deck of the Star Princess. Of course these stateroom descriptions/categories are on the Star Princess. BD is on the Caribe deck on the Sun and Dawn Princess.

Post Edited (07-30-04 10:32)
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:41 PM
Shipkicker

Hold the phone here!<G> BA, BD, etc. are categories of cabins, they may or may not be on one or more decks.

Get your “Booking Number” from whoever booked your cruise. You can then go to http://www.princess.com and click on the “Cruise Personalizer”, enter your last and first name along with your booking number and see if you have been assigned a cabin and if so, exactly what cabin. Then you can go to your ships deck plan and enter your cabin number and viola, there is your cabin. Be advised, that if you booked a guarantee cabin your cabin could change again, up to and including the day you board the ship.

We always book a guarantee cabin. Last October on the Grand we were upgraded to a full suite.
Old July 31st, 2004, 06:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

never realized cruising could be so confusing! Anyway I called again for another reason (I am sure they are getting tired of me) and they said I had been upgraded from a BD to a BA and was going to be on the Aloha Deck. I am just going to not worry about where I am or whatever until I get there (yeah right =) )

Thanks for everyones help!
Karen
Old July 31st, 2004, 09:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

KarenB

Maybe this will make it eaiser but if you are on the Star Princess category BA isn't on the Aloha deck it's on the Caribe or the Lido deck. Of those 2 decks you want the Caribe because the balconies are the biggest on the ship. Click on the link below and it will take you to the deck plans for the Star Princess. On the left will be the color codes for the categories on the right will be the cabin number that correspond to the codes.

http://www.princess.com/ships/tp/dec...ibe_index.html

This second link will show you the Star Princess inside. It is a beautiful ship and I can't wait to get back on her it February.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/starprincess.htm
Old August 1st, 2004, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK I am just confusing myself as well as everyone else. I looked at the room number and deck that the lady at Princess gave me. Maybe I was wrong on the B? but she did tell me we were on the Aloha in room A227. I am not holding my breath on it until we get there and the guys that take our luggage tell us what room we are in.

Thanks for everyones help!

Karen
Confused Honeymooner on the Star =)
Old August 1st, 2004, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes KarenB you are on the Aloha deck. You are in a Category BC cabin. Once you have a cabin assignment it's easy to figure out your deck because the first letter is the deck name. Don't worry after a few cruises you will understand all the category junk and what it means. Basically for balcony cabins the categories go from BA to BF with BA being the best category for balcony cabins.