Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:20 PM
N.H.

Default What can you bring on ship

Hi again, thanks for all the wonderful advice so far..keep it coming. Now, what all can you bring on board with you? My daughter still uses a sippy cup and sometimes gets up in middle of night wanting juice. Can I bring bottles of juice on board? Also what does the room include in it? Does it have an iron and ironing board, blowdryer? Can I bring my own soap and shampoo just like I would do if going to a hotel? I am just so new and so many questions...
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What can you bring on ship

Yes, you can bring juice, but you can also get it onboard, room service is free, but you'll need to tip the person that brings your order.

You will find hairdryers, shampoo in your cabin. Each passenger deck has a self service laundry room, there you'll find the irons and boards.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

your stateroom will have a fridge, go to the grocery store in port before you embark and pick up some small bottles of juice, the fridges in your room aren't very big. Irons are not allowed in your room (fire hazzard) you can bring a steamer or use wrinkle release products, Each passenger deck on Princess has a self-service laundry room with washers, dryers, iron and ironing board. There is a hairdryer in your room, but its not very powerful- if you have thick, curly or long hair bring your own hairdryer. You will be supplied with shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, soap. The shampoo and conditioner are good basic drugstore quality products. If you use a salon product or a higher quality store product (Pantene,L'Oreal etc) you might want to bring your own shampoo/conditioner. If you have sensitive skin or any type of skin allergies then you should bring your own soap, the soap on Princess is very nice but it is scented and that can bother some people. You can have fresh fruit delivered to your stateroom every morning for something to munch on, there will be a card left in your room, just fill it out and hang it on the door. You can always scoot up to Horizons Court buffet to get a quick snack, a light meal or munchies anytime. Anything else??
Old July 30th, 2004, 04:36 PM
BMK

If your child will drink a juice box I would purchase those in port. I always felt that I couldn't get the sippy cups clean enough after a week of use. Juice boxes are also easy to carry ashore for your day trips. Definitely, bring your own blow dryer unless you have that perfect hair that looks great with a quick towel dry . Have a great trip!