Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 06:15 AM
ihb

Default smoking on deck

On Carib Princ, are there certain decks for smoking/non-smoking, or is outside smoking permitted anywhere. Need to know which pool area is designated for smoking ,if any.
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: smoking on deck

Not 100% sure about the pool areas, but i do know that there are designated smoking areas on the decks, and smoking is allowed in your stateroom.
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Pea

Usually, one side of the ship on the outside decks is smoking. You can usually tell which side is the smoking side by the placement of ashtrays.

Pea
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:06 AM
Pes949

Default Re: Re: smoking on deck

On some cruises they have banned smoking except in the bars. I went to Alaska last year on a smoke free ship. It was great fresh air 24x7!!!
Old August 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
sealegs

Hi,

Which ship was that ???? If they use the same policy irrespective of where she's deployed, I'll keep that in mind !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
CG
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Captain

I never heard of a Princess ship where smoking was banned on ALL outside decks. Every one I have ever been on had one side of the outside decks designated smoking and the other nonsmoking. I don't remember which was which, but like a previous poster said, just look for the ashtrays.
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:54 AM
JennCandi

On our last cruise on RCCL the starboard side was the smoking side. On NCL they didn't have a certain side. Some places had signs saying non smoking area, like on the top deck, for safety reasons.
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Abigail

You can see the smoking areas by the pool...there's ashtrays and nasty smokers. But it's all outdoors so it's not too horrible. But it's horrid as the smoking areas are right outside the doors and you walk right into the stench.
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to paul1

well its simple if the smoking section is port then just go out the starboard doors,then you won't have to smell the smoke.smokers always check out where they can smoke as soon as they get onboard,well non smokers should check them out and if the smoke bothers them that much then they know what areas to avoid.I really hate when a nonsmoker makes a comment about the smoke when the smoker is where they are supposed to be.my last cruise I was sitting on the smoking side having my morning coffee and yes cigarette and another couple sat the next table over.made all these comments about the smoke fake coughing,so I just reminded them the nonsmoking section was on the other side of the ship.they said there was no tables over there,well I just said to bad cause I am where I am supposed to be.
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Passenger

Ditto Ditto Paul and I'm a non smoker !!!

Old August 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Amen, Paul, from another non-smoker! If you don't want to smell smoke, don't sit in a designated smoking area!

Old August 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Captain

Does anyone know which Clubs/Lounges are smoke free on the Golden Princess & if there are any can you name them... Thanks, Bob

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Beginner

To the person who referenced "nasty smokers"......I happen to be one of those "nasty smokers" however to look at me you'd never guess. Perhaps you are perfect and have no habits. If only everyone were like you. You must feel pretty good about yourself conveying your NASTY thoughts about others. I hope it makes you sleep better. Now, I think I'll go out back (since I am such a "nasty travel agent", of course I go outside and discreetly smoke one twice a day) and have me on. Good job.