Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Texas Cruiser

Default Princess.com Cruise Personalizer

I went online to the Princess website after booking my cruise. I went to the cruise personalizer section to make my requests for robes, fruit, water, etc in the cabin without any problems. My sister has booked the same cruise and wanted to select her cabin requests pre-cruise also. The website however, never gave her the option to identify these requests in regards to her booking. I called Princess directly to figure out why. According to the customer service department, she never ordered a company brochure, thus she didn't have a potential cruise passenger number in the system. Since I had ordered a brochure through Princess, I was able to access this area on the site. They said all she had to do was order a brochure and the requests page would open up for her. I'm not sure how long this takes, but I thought everyone might be interested in knowing this. Seems some of you have also had this problem.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Princess.com Cruise Personalizer

Texas thanks for offering that tip!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:45 AM
First Mate

I didn't have trouble opeing this page. In fact I never ordered a brochure from Princess. I got a Princess number from my travel agent. Did she book on her own on the web or through a TA?? Maybe that is the difference. The cruise personalizer is a great help and easy to use.

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Princess.com Cruise Personalizer

Just wanted to report that in my 4 Princess cruises, I have filled out the request page in the personalizer but have never had robes, fruit, water, or anything else waiting for me. But not to worry, it's easy to arrange those things onboard.
Old August 13th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Texas Cruiser

She booked her cruise via the internet with no Travel Agent interaction.
I do hope the fruit, etc will be in our cabin...we always arrive hungry. I hate to bother the cabin steward when they are so busy with more important things.
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:40 AM
N.H.

Is this stuff free, like the robe, fruit,etc...
Old August 13th, 2004, 11:38 AM
pg

Well, robe most likely won't be in cabin, just ask cabin steward. It is no big deal. And as to arriving hungary, just go to the buffet, it will be open, get a plate, load with friut etc, take to cabin, or go to dining room , there is usually one open for luch on day of cruise.
None of things really matter , YOU ARE ON A SHIP YIPPEE, enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the smalll stuff.!!!!!!!!
Old August 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Actually - it's only the buffet that's open on sailing day - but there's plenty of food there. And, you'll get a form in your cabin to order fruit during the cruise.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Passenger

NH, the fruit is free and will be replenished as often as you want it. The robes are free but you can't take them with you when you leave or they will charge you. Soda, bottled water, other beverages, are not free. As the other posted mentioned above, the buffet will be open and you can help yourself and either in in the Horizon Court or take a tray back to your room.
Old August 15th, 2004, 01:37 AM
pg

Cruznut are you sure about that, I have read on this board that they do in fact open one of the dining rooms for lunch.
Old August 15th, 2004, 07:14 AM
SarahJ

There is always a dining room open on the first day. It isn't always advertised but there is one open and it is wonderful.
Old August 15th, 2004, 07:16 AM
SarahJ

If you order a brochure -- even if you had not sailed, you have a Captain Circle number. Your friend must not have a Captain Circle number yet.

I have always had fruit and a rob in my cabin due to my preferences.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:25 PM
brillohead

I've never cruised w/ Princess before, nor have I ever ordered a brochure from them.

All I needed to access the personalizer online was my booking number, which was provided to me when I booked my room.
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:16 PM
sunluva7

You are correct. Even if you don't have a brochure and have never sailed, once you have booked with a TA (web-only, live or otherwise), you will have a booking number and will be able to access the Personalizer. It is also true that checking off particular desires for fruit, robes, etc. is no guarantee you'll get them. But you can ask the steward and they'll bring it.
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Texas Cruiser

Ok, here's the point I entended to get across. Once booked you can access the cruise personalizer, but not every area. The specialty areas only open up AFTER you have been assigned a Captain Circle number like SarahJ said in the above message.