Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:22 PM
damon denton

Default Juilliard pianist seeks advice on cruise ship choices

Hello everyone-- I have the time and adventurous spirit to do cruises but I have no idea who to talk to or WHAT cruise ship to play on. I play everything bu mainly focus on classical sets, but I know all the popular classical- chopin beethoven rachmaninoff liszt etc, ad finitum (plus operetta and opera and broadway)...... I just want to know if you all have been on cruises where there was classical music playing?? This would be a big help. Also, it would be great help if you know who books those people so I can have a direct contact??
My website is:
www.damondenton.com
Thanks for letting me know if you have ideas or recommendations or contacts I could call. My cell # to leave a message is 706-207-8389
Thanks so much!
Damon
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:48 PM
PaulO

Default Re: Juilliard pianist seeks advice on cruise ship choices

We were on the Norwegian Dawn last year and they had a classical pianist perform at one of the shows. Very good. In fact we met one of the piano players that performed in one of the lounges and she was a terrific player as well. She would mix classical with popular music and made for a wonderful evening. Whatever the people wanted. As an aside, we became good friends with her and keep in contact today with her. Hope all works out for you.
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Damon -

Usually the various cruise lines have an "employment" selection on their web site where you can begin your process. Here are a few toll free #'s which might get the ball rolling quicker:

Princess Cruise Lines @ 1-800 PRINCESS,
Radisson Seven Seas Cruises @ 866-314-3211,
Holland America Line @ 1-877-SAIL HAL

I recall boarding the Carnival Triumph and being greeted by a string quartet and later enjoying dinner with baby grand accompaniment - music does "set the mood.".

You got my vote, go for it! Best of success.

Willy
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Passenger

All of the Princess ships I've been on have had pianists in their atrium areas, typically for a few hours each evening. It seems they play a mix of classical and more contemporary well known pieces.