Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Kukana

Default Platinum Check-In - Boarding the Ship

This is in regards to being on the dock and waiting to board the ship on embarkation day.

Not that I want to sound snooty, but is there actually a 'Platinum check-in' on the dock? We just learned that we're Platinum, whatever that means??? Would that mean the line of people waiting to board the ship be smaller and, therefore, quicker? I've been told that we should arrive at the dock a couple hours early and get in line, regardless.

Anyone know of this? And, by the way, what are the advantages of being "Platinum"?

Thank you! Sailing in 10 days~whoopie (do I sound Platinum? Don't think so!!!!)

Kukana
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2004, 03:36 AM
venice

Default Re: Platinum Check-In - Boarding the Ship

just curious...how many cruises have you been on and with which cruise line(s) ????
Old August 17th, 2004, 06:24 AM
First Mate

Kukana, Yes their is Platinum check in and I recomend getting to the dock by
11:30- noon. You'll get right on. I've done Princess 20 times and they have the best embarkation system. Go onto the Princess web and see your new benefits. We are Elite having sailed 16+ times. I believe to be Platinum, you must sail 5+ times.
Happy sails,
sea angel
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Admiral

The Platinum / Elite line will usually be much shorter, unless there happen to be alot of them on your sailing and at check-in at the same time you are.

Platinum is 5+ sailings on Princess
Elite is 16+ sailings on Princess

On our Dawn Princess cruise in July, Platinum line was very short and went very quickly, but it does not circumvent standing in the security line.

I'm almost 'double-elite' - my next will be my 29th Princess cruise.
Old August 17th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Kukana

Default Re: Re: Platinum Check-In - Boarding the Ship

I have cruised only three times prior to our upcoming cruise. Therefore, I don't think I can truly be called a cruise veteran. Loved the Eastern Caribbean!

Susan
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:05 AM
venice

thanks, 3 times does make you a cruise veteran (smile). I am a huge fan of the eastern caribbean also..I have diamond status on RCL but have never cruised on Princess so I'll be interested in how you enjoy your platinum status
Old August 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
JImeeee4

Default Re: Re: Platinum Check-In - Boarding the Ship

Platnum members have five or more cruises with Princess. There is a platnum check-in station which is much faster. We have attended "platnum only" coctail parties on several cruises. You will be charged for the computer cafe, but it will be deducted from your bill. There is also a platnum waiting area for debarkation waiting, (which can be a long time) with food, drinks, etc. We also had a breakfast with the captain and crew on one cruise.
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:43 PM
kwjones

As stated above, there is indeed a Platinum check in, (we're Platinum), however in FLL at least, the normal check in is very, very good, and usually takes only a few minutes if, and only if, you've done all your pre-boarding immigration forms either on line, or by mail. If that's all done, you won't spend much time at all on the dock, and you'll be sitting by the pool with me and the lovely Mrs., drinking pina colodas and listening to the island music.
See you on board!
Ken
Old August 20th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Kukana

Thank you everybody! We've cruised before but never on the Princess. Sooooo looking for to it.

Kukana