Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Be_ann

Default Dawn -- Open Deck area where?

A previous message prompted this..........I posted there, but figured another post might get a more immediate and appropriate response.

It really is difficult to tell in the brochures which areas are open decks, available to the public. I am sure once I have been on a Princess cruise, I will be able to read the decks in the brochures, but at this point am at a loss.

Would certainly appreciate it if someone could take the time to tell us which decks, and which parts of them, are open and public.

We will be on the Dawn Princess, so of course, that is the one I am mainly interested in at this time.

Thanks.

Be............
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Dawn -- Open Deck area where?

Hi Be_

The Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks - each are all cabin decks (meaning no public rooms - unless you count the laundry facilities). The Sun Deck, Riviera Deck and Lido deck are all open (outdoor) public area decks. The Promenade deck is all public rooms and the actual promenade that goes all the way around the ship is outdoors. The Plaza, Dolphin and Emerald decks have some cabins and some public areas (Casions, Dining Rooms, etc.) - but I don't believe there is any outdoor public areas on these decks. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise. We will be sailing on the Dawn beginning Sept. 19th - from Los Angeles thru the Panama Canal to FLorida.

DianeT
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Be_ann

Thanks, DianeT for the info. I also read that .the cabin decks you refer to do have a bit of an open deck on the prow.........Won't know until I go.

So our trip will end in Vancouver on the 13th. Assume there is a trip to LA...can't imagine going that distance empty......and then you take off from there. Have a great one.

I am hoping we can do that the next time.

Somewhere I read that the Dolphin deck around the lifeboats is good for sightseeing.

Be---------
Old August 17th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Passenger

B and Diane - there is a terrific open area all the way forward on the Aloha deck. Go as far forward as possible and through the two doors. We spent the day there on our canal transit in April - great viewing for both of your trips! We will be on the Dawn again next August in Alaska and can't wait. Have a great time!

Sue

Dawn Princess Alaska