Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Are buying transfer from Princess a good idea?

We leave for our Alaskan cruise next week. We are departing from Seattle Wa. and have a pre and post stay there. We bought transfers from Princess and I am wondering if this was a good idea? I also need to know if there is a certain time we need to be at the airport to use these transfers to the ship and also when we disembark do we leave first or can we linger around the ship and have breakfast?
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Ernie

Default Re: Are buying transfer from Princess a good idea?

Princess Transfers take all the worry away from you and put it in the hands of people who know what they are doing. Call your travel agent or Princess and ask them where and when you have to connect with them. I have used the transfers many times and the Princess people know what they are doing and they all do their job well. Last June in Copenhagen, my luggage went astray and Lena from Princess tracked them down and had them at my hotel in hours. Alaska is wonderful, have FUN!
Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
First Mate

I'll second the comments about the transfers. We've been pleased with the results. Usually they have someone at the airport to greet you and get you to your pre and post stay hotels. They usually have an information desk that is manned for certain hours where they'll also post other information like when the bus leaves for the ship or the airport. When you leave the hotel for the ship, the next time you see your luggage is in your cabin.

Sometimes these transfers sound expensive but I feel they are a good value.
Frank-in-CA
Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We just returned from the Diamond Princess in Alaska... Seattle return, and used Princess Transfers.

The first bus to the ship leaves the airport at around 10 AM. If you've purchased your pre hotel from Princess you shouldnt have to go to the airport.
If not, I don't think you should buy the transfers. No need to go to the airport, just to go back to the ship.

I'm in the middle of posting all kinds of ships and Alaska pictures in the photo galleries.. check them out if you like.
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:55 AM
Admiral

We use them for peace of mind, one less thing you have to worry about.
There is no set time on the transfers, when you arrive at the airpport, down in baggage claim you will find a Princess rep, they will handle everything for you.
You will have plenty of time on your last day to have a nice breakfast before you leave the ship.
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Sea-soned1

We used Princess transfers in Seattle last fall, and they were terrific. We embarked in Seattle, and disembarked in Vancouver, and the Princess transfers on both ends were very reassuring, and easy. It made the cruise all the more exciting, as we "visited" with fellow passengers, and were taken right to where we needed to go. They took the "worry out of being close"!! We had an early flight, and made it with plenty of time to spare.
Have a great cruise!
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

If you are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale, I would just take a taxi to the pier.....the pier is in view of the airport....and less than a 10 minute ride. It is cheaper than the Princess transfer (including tip). I have used the Princess transfers in Alaska and Vancouver....would not try those places without it at this point.