There are a few questions I have before leaving on the Caribbean Princess, if anyone can help.
Can I order a bottle of wine onboard for consumption in the stateroom?
Is there a corking charge in addition to the cost of the wine?
What's the proper dress code for Smart Casual at the Caribbean?
- dress shirt & pants; sportcoat; or casual friday?
Are taxis readily available for driving tours (non-ship excursions) at St. Thomas once the ship docks?
According to Princess' website, you can not only order a bottle of wine for stateroom consumption but you can bring your own onboard as well.
You will only be charged the corkage fee if you have the wine in the dining rooms.
Smart Casual in the Caribbean = khakis/chinos and a golf-style shirt for the men, my hubby wore casual pants and a dress shirt and tie and was also not out of place. For the ladies, a nice sundress or smart pant outfit is nice. Just please no jeans, shorts or t-shirts.
You will definately be able to get a taxi in St. Thomas. We didn't make it 5 feet without taxi drivers offering us their services.
Navigator of the Seas Jan 06
Grand Princess Jan 05
Constellation Jan 04
1. Princess allows you bring aboard wine and champagne for consumption in your stateroom.
2. The corkage fee only applies if you bring your wine to the dining room to be served with your meal. If you buy a bottle of wine to go with your dinner there is no corkage fee
3. Smart Casual dress applies to all the evenings activities and the dining venues with the exception of Horizon Court buffet and the pizzeria- Most men will be wearing Dockers type pants with a polo-style collared shirt, hawaiian shirts are very popular on deck party night, short-sleeve button down shirts and casual shoes. Cargo pants are also very popular. For us ladies- sundress or sheath dress, capris with a nice top, Dockers type pants with a polo-style shirt or a nice blouse, skirt with a nice blouse and flat sandals. Sportsjackets and ties are not necessary for Smart Casual, just no jeans, slogan t-shirts or shorts.
4. There are plenty of cabs and people who will direct you to a cab waiting at the docks.
I was on the Princess website earlier this week and they have a gift service area where you can order flowers, credits for photos and gambling as well as alcohol for your room. After speaking to my TA, she did inform me that if you order wine or other choices off the gift menu, it will be waiting for you in your room when you arrive.
Have a great cruise all!!
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)