Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to gena
Default princess diamond 12/11/04

We are going with some friends in dec. on the diamond.We have only been a a cruise once and it was carnival.I have been reading about princess cruise line comments and
I have not seen many bad comments which is good.lol
But I still have some questions,like is room service extra on the ship,and can anyone
tell us about the rooms we are looking at a suite because we are also bring my mother inlaw with us. Any information you can give good or bad about the ship would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:04 PM
my54met

Default Re: princess diamond 12/11/04

Hi,

We are on the Princess 12/11/04 also. We booked a mini suite (approx. 350 sq. feet). My husband likes lots of space so I figured this was the best way to go and also I think the balcony will be great to sit out and have our morning coffee!

What state do you live in? We live in Washington, north of Seattle, and are trying to decide whether to fly the night before or just take a super early flight on the day of the cruise. It's only a 2 hr flight but I'm worried because you never know what the weather will be like in Seattle in December.

Have you planned any excursions? We are checking into Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan but haven't reserved anything yet.
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Hello, Yes we are flying from St George,Utah.I really have not got much information on our plans yet.You see my husbands boss is making all the arrangements for us,but I think we are flying out the same day.As far as excursions we have looked but I was told we would rent scooters and drive around.I would love to do the horseback thing and I just might but my mother inlaw I can`t imagine her on a horse.LMAO never mind just got the image. That is why we are getting a suite I can not image at her age climbing on a bunk bed like the one our daughter had on carnival. And I agree about the balcony I think it would be great. Have you ever been on this cruise line before.
Please let me know about Happy Horses.
Thanks Gena
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Passenger

PS can you bring alcohol on the ship besides wine or do you have to but it.
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Taylored Rose

Default Re: Re: princess diamond 12/11/04

Gena, You will love Randi's Happy Horses. She is great and has great horses too. My DH and I didn't reserve in time, and couldn't ride the horses, but we went over to Stone Island anyway to wait for DS, since she had room for one. Anyway, her assistant took us to the beach restaurant directlly, while everyone else went to ride the horses. She made sure the rider and the horse matched up. Experienced rider with lively horse etc. While we were waiting, DH went boogie boarding in the surf on a beach that looks like the corona commercial. He was the ONLY one in the water! He LOVED IT! Randi buys the first drink, and then you can purchase whatever after that. We recommend Pacificos since they are brewed right there in Mazatlan. Also try the food! We got the sampler platter and everything was fabulous. Many enjoy the shrimp, but we loved the Mahimahi. Maybe your MIL can go and just wait at the restaurant, it was only $15 to go over, and well worth the scenery etc. Have fun cruising! Marilyn
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: princess diamond 12/11/04

Ok my 54 met,and marilyn,
You have me convinced lol I would like to go also.MIL can go shopping or as marilyn says have a drink she can handle that. So let me know what you find out on this my54met and I will try to find out if we are leaving the night before or the same day.I perfer to leave the day before also.
Thanks again
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: princess diamond 12/11/04

To gena and my54met,

We have a ROLL CALL going on cruisecritic.com,
Come on over and say HI.

Go to boards, ROLL CALLS, Princess, look for "OFFICIAL ROLL CALL DIAMOND PRINCESS 12/11/2004"

We look forward to hearing from you.
Jeff
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:20 PM
Passenger

Just found out they booked us princess diamond 12/04/04 instead.