Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 04:51 PM
hamptod

Default Pricing on CP- Help!!

I don't know if I can ask this but here goes. I am trying to book my very first cruise on the CP for Juyl 2005. I have received several quotes from Amex, Princess directly and an online booking agency. None are giving many of the bells and whistles so many talk about but the pricing itself seems to be about the same. For someone who has never done this, how do I absolutely know that I am not paying too much.

Another thing, I am trying to use the promotion through Amex Platinum that gives you the 2 category upgrade. The price quoted for the BA caribe balcony with the upgrade seems to be almost the same price as the quotes received by the other two sources. I guess this is what makes me suspicious.

Also if anyone has ever stayed in C531 or C535 or C523 on the CP, what did you think of these rooms and the locations.

I have to decide by Sunday which deal I am going to go with.

Deborah
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:07 PM
sunluva7

Default Re: Pricing on CP- Help!!

I assume you mean the Caribbean Princess. We are booked in a Caribe balcony for August 2005, mid-ship, which I hear is a good location making for easy access everywhere. As for pricing, we checked numerous agents, web only, live and otherwise, and there was a fairly wide range of prices. I'm comfortable with my TA choice, as long as I know there are other agents asking a higher price for the same category, same cruise date. I think as long as you book far enough ahead the prices have nowhere to go but up, with the exception of maybe last-minute deals. As far as the 2-category upgrade, if it's a better cabin or location from the best quotes you got, then I guess it's a deal. Good luck.
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
howdy

We are booked on CP - Caribe501 - on Sept. 25, 2004 - Our price was about 769.00 a person (We booked in April, 2004) I think - fo your comparison - This is our first time on Princess - but I heard you don't want to be any higher than Caribe (Deck10) because so many activities on Level 5, 6, 7 - and the stairs get old after a while.
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:38 PM
kwjones

Prices in July are about as Peak as you'll get, other than holiday sailings. About all you can do is let your fingers do the walking and compare, compare, compare....Good luck. It'll all be worth the extra effort.
See you aboard,
Ken
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:09 AM
sunluva7

Default Re: Re: Pricing on CP- Help!!

Just keep in mind that $769 September cruise will be a couple hundred more in July, so pricing depends on many variables - when you cruise, when you book, deals of the day, so on and so on... it pays to take your time and research.
Old August 29th, 2004, 12:38 PM
hamptod

Thanks so much to everyone for their responses. I do mean the Caribbean Princess. For the cabins I mentioned, I have received quotes in the range of $1433.59 per person for the 1st two and 1103.59 for the 3rd person. This includes port charges and taxes. With my two category upgrade if I use my AMEX privileges, this will go down by $1900.00 in effect paying for the insurance I was quoted.

I'm totally glad someone mentioned that July is higher because my heart skipped a beat when I saw $769.00 for the identical cabin I'm considering, C501. I do realize that pricing goes down in September.

I received some recommendations for additional TA's that I am going to check on tomorrow. If it is close to what I have found, I am going to go with one particular online agency as the TA I dealt with has been extremely helpful and patient with me as I ask her tons and tons of questions.

I just want to ge the most fair price for what I'm considering and once I decide that will be it. No buyer's remorse for me. I am just excited that my family finally decided on another cruise and is agreeing to go. My DH was not crazy about the first cruise, doesn't like the sea days, loves the island. Of course, I LOVE the sea days and tolerate the islands!! A match made in heaven.

We discovered years ago the hard way, what we both like/dislike about vacations. For my hubby, beach and sand, for me, shopping AC, shopping, AC, did I mention shopping!!

Thx

Deborah
Old August 29th, 2004, 04:50 PM
sunluva7

I think your price is definitely in the ball park and if you like the TA, then all the better. Whatever the cost, you are going to have the best time. Our first cruise was a balcony mini-suite and, believe me, you want to travel without a balcony again. I'll be cruising on the same ship a month later, so you can tell me all about it!
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Pricing on CP- Help!!

we just returned from the cp. we paid 999.00 each for a balcony B250
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:02 AM
hamptod

Default Re: Re: Re: Pricing on CP- Help!!

Absolutely. I can't wait. I am an inpatient person so there will be lots of distractions between now and then for me. For the poster who is going in September, please post after you return and tell all about your likes and dislikes. I'm especially interested in motion and things of that nature in C501.

Thx to everyone for posting. I'll update everyone on my final choice!!

Deborah
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:37 AM
hamptod

Oops. I made a mistake, it should be $190.00 not $1900!!

Deborah