Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:37 PM
ChrisSpc

Default Drinking age restriction onboard

Do they enforce the 21 drinking age onboard Princess ships? We are coming from the U.K. and my two 20 year old sons won't be too happy if they can't drink while on their holiday. Are they really that strict or do they have a don't ask/don't tell policy for people that don't look underage (ie my sons). Any experiences?
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drinking age restriction onboard

your sons sign and sail card will have a hole punched in it. That tells all the staff that they are under 21. They won't be able to purchase alcohol for themselves.
If you decide to purchase a drink for them, your server could ask for their cards and refuse to serve them.
The policy is strict for teenagers.
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Beginner

Hi Chris,

I tried to send you an email... it was returned! We're a British family (with two sons 19 & 20) who have sailed with Princess before and are headed back next year. They survived... JUST!!
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM
ChrisSpc

Default Re: Re: Drinking age restriction onboard

Sorry the e-mail server hasn't been working the past few days. I'm surprised that Princess has such a strict policy. We sailed on Celebrity earlier this year and my sons had no problem buying alcohol even though their cards indicated they were underage, although I realise policies can be different. It's this American philosophy on alcohol (with it being viewed as a terrible thing for a 20 year old to have a beer or two) that bothers me. I hope it won't ruin the cruise for my sons.
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to megantbs

I just got back from a cruise with 4 of my 19/20 yr old friends. We don't drink that much, but when we asked for drinks they gave them to us, and at all the free champaign events, they gave it to anyone who could walk=) No worries! They can use your cards to purchase it to, because there is no photo on the card, and the only thing that makes the 21+ crowd stand out from those underage is an A for adult next to the room number and your room card is all you have to show! Hope this helps- Megan
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Drinking age restriction onboard

Chris,

If you want to contact me, please do. I think if you click my 'name' it will provide a link to my email address.

I have tried a couple of times to send you a private email, but each time it get's bounced back. Do you have a different email address I could use or perhaps when your server problem is resolved let me know.

Thanks.

Post Edited (08-31-04 03:59)
Old September 4th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Drinking age restriction onboard

Chris,

Did you get my email? Just curious.