Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:56 PM
Rablibra6

Default Hotels near Port Everglades

Hello All

I am looking for a hotel near the port for the night before the 9/17 Princess cruise. I'd like free shuttle to the port. Also, I need to find a beach front hotel/resort for two night on the return. I'd like to keep the price near $100.00 a night. Any suggestions and thanks so much in advace. Happy sailing!
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Hotels near Port Everglades

Re the hotel for the night before, I can recommend either the Embassy Suites 17th Street or the Amerisuites Convention Center (they are about a block apart, very close to the port, and both have free shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port). Both include fairly decent continental breakfasts. Pricing depends on when you are going, I've reserved both for under $100 at different times and am staying at the Amerisuites in December for $92.00 (AARP rate).

Sorry, can't help with the beachfront hotel for the return.
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Pre cruise we stayed at the Marriot Marina which is right across the road from where the Grand docked. Hotel does have a shuttle to the port. I payed $66 for the room thru Priceline but the hotel web rate was close to $180. I highly recommend this hotel.
Old September 1st, 2004, 11:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Here's an article I wrote about hotel rooms in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It should help.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...kiReligion.cfm

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

we have stayed at both the hotels mentioned above, both are really really nice, The Embassy Suites is nice because the rooms are much bigger, included in your cost is a cocktail party and a full breakfast(not a continental breakfast). The interior of the Embassy Suites is prettier than Marriot (imo) the Embassy has this soaring atrium that is filled with tropical foliage, water features, and a really nice outdoor pool. The Marriot on the other hand has this amazing outdoor pool area with a bar/grill that overlooks the intercoastal waterway and boats just dock there and the people walk up the gangway to the bar. Their are some amazing yachts docked at this hotel. The grounds are very pretty to walk around,and just gape at the yachts and if you have a room that faces the street and you get up in the wee hours of the morning you will be able to see the ships coming in to the pier.
You can see the pier from both hotels.
We have stayed at the Embassy Suites for $85.00 per person per night
and the Marriott cost us $110.00 per person per night.
The shuttle service from both hotels is very efficient. I don't know if the Marriott has a hotel to pier service, but the Embassy does.
Both hotels are within walking distance of good restaurants, grocery stores and a couple of strip malls.
Either one would be a good choice.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Yeoman

We bid on Priceline and got the Renaissance for $82 for February. They usuallly go for $200 - $250. I bid $65 for a 4* in the downtown section and got a counter offer. which I accepted.

Carnival Inspiration
Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:45 PM
kaycee

We got reservation at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port with free airport and cruise shuttle service for $55 by booking through hotelkindgom.com. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Caribbean Princess
11/27/04
Old September 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe
Default Re: Re: Hotels near Port Everglades

WE, too, have made the same reservation for November 9. Sailing on Coral Princess...pictures look good....the price is RIGHT....hopefully clean, comfortable. We won't be back in time to give you a report. Anyone else stayed there?