Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:50 AM
S. Crew

Default Youth Counselors

Can anyone give me some info. about the youth counselors position? I'm really interested in working with kids. How many hours do youth counselors work and what is their salary? Also I know some cruiselines expect their staff to work like 5 month contracts. Does Princess Cruiselines do the same? Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Youth Counselors

I was talking to the people in the kids zone last July and most of them were young teachers from Australia and said that the ship paid more then they make teaching in their country. The director of the kids program on the ship we were on was from the United States. They said that they share 2 to a cabin and are on for I think they said 4 months. They also said unlike Disney Princess treats the child care staff like officers and they are allowed full run of the ship on their off time. They said Disney only lets their childcare staff go from the kidís rooms to the crew quarters and thatís it.
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Youth Counselors

Also, as ships officers, they don't get gratuities. It seems they are paid adequately.

Frank-in-CA
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I worked for Disney and the fact that people would say they don't allow the youth staff up in guest areas is not the case, Disney also gave the youth staff officer status and on time off you could go anywhere on the ship however using professionalism and respect to the guests