CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Hurricane "Free" Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/226288-hurricane-free-cruise.html)

Mermaid September 7th, 2004 07:41 AM

Hurricane "Free" Cruise

What a hurricane season this is proving to be! Charley, Frances and now Ivan.

Why not relax, and book the Pirates of the Texaribbean CruiseMates Cruise in February 2005?

The only hurricanes on this cruise will be the ones you sip from a glass!

Check out the link below.

sea angel September 7th, 2004 09:06 AM

Re: Hurricane "Free" Cruise

Now, thats MY kind of Hurricane.......
If people want to save a couple bucks and cruise the caribbean during peak hurricane season, go for it. I'll stick to late November-April and drink my hurricane. :)

Happy sailing,
Sea angel

CruiseAholic September 7th, 2004 09:34 AM

Merm, a couple weeks later and I'd be there !

billy September 7th, 2004 10:45 AM

i don't know where you people get the idea that it is cheaper in hurricaine season IT'S NOT i got a better deal on a ten day cruise in dec than on my 7day cruise in oct there are more ships here in the winter ever here of supply & demand?

Jennifer Crouch September 7th, 2004 11:18 AM

Re: Re: Hurricane "Free" Cruise

It is pretty cheap in the fall. Our first cruise was $225. for 5 nights (although I will admit I have never seen it this cheap since), second Voyager for 525.00 7 nights and now Caribbean Princess for a 9x10 balcony $730.00 plus a $100.00 ship board credit.

You don't think that is cheap?

Also, we can't cruise in the spring, don't want to cruise in the summer (kids and heat) so the fall is perfect for us. We have always had good weather and I bet if you ask the people who just got off the extended CP cruise, they would say they had a great time also. I'm not saying it's the best time to cruise. I'm just saying it has it's perks, just like every other season. Since hurricane season runs from June through Nov. it seems silly to cut out half of the year.
As it is hard to "read" people's meanings, know I meant this in a nice way. Just a different perspective :) :)

Jen

billy September 7th, 2004 12:17 PM

hi jen it's not because of hurricaine season it is because in oct there are more ships here i got a mini suite on Cp oct 16 for 880.00 including everything but also got dec 12 in sun princess 10 days balcony for 980 with 100 shipboard credit not in hurricaine season

Howdy September 7th, 2004 06:52 PM

I agree with Jen - This is our second cruise the last week of September - the weather is usually awesome - the ocean temperature is still really warm - better than Dec - when we usually go

The prices are definitely better too - its a risk we are willing to take - they can change our itinerary - we don't care - just put us on a ship and we are happy!!! We love the motion of the ship unlike most people - so if the weather gets rough - we are still happy !!!! Great for sleeping - rocks us to sleep just like a baby!

Cant wait until Sept. 25 - first time on Princess - we are pysched!!!