Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Beginner

Default Regal Princess

We are sailing from Montreal to Florida at the end of October on the Regal. Does anyone know who is the current cruise director or any of the performers on board? I have been trying to find out as much as possible about the Regal (we have only sailed on the Sun Class (Dawn and Ocean - on her last voyage before going over to P&O). Always take an inside cabin - never there much! We are Brits and will be in Montreal the weekend before joining the ship. Anyone give me 'must dos' in Montreal.
Many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Regal Princess

I have not sailed on that itinerary (yet), but have sailed on the Regal and previously sailed on her sister the Crown. I have sailed on 30+ Princess cruises and have also sailed on the Sun class ships.

I had an inside cabin on both ships, they are a bit larger than the normal cabins and well laid out (one time, there were 3 of us, the other time, I fell, was in a wheelchair).

Remember, that the Regal is a bit older, but she is well laid out, not the 'glitz' that the Sun class has. I would not hesitate to sail on her again.
Old September 10th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Jackieo

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess

Many thanks for that.
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:51 AM
David Starkey

I too have sailed Princess ships over a number of years. The Regal(sorry to say) is my least favorite ship currently in the Princess fleet. I very much like the Sun class of ships because of the size(not too big) and outdoor areas. The Regal does not have nearly as much"usable " or viewing deck space as other ships her size. It is trure the"average "cabins are larger and have a good layout. The cabin size I like on the Regal but the deck situation and overall neatness on this ship were not up to par on the Caribbean and Alaska cruises on her that I have done on her.

Best wishes....
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Beginner

The current cruise director (on the REGAL PRINCESS) is Frank Castiglione. I've cruised with him once before, but I can't recall anything about him, other than that he is an American. However, if I understand correctly, he will be leaving the REGAL on 10/21 in NYC. I don't know who is scheduled to replace him.
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess

Many thanks to everyone who has replied. I knew the Regal was older and a little smaller than the Sun Class Ships. I loved the cruise itself so that was the major factor, when we booked.

Regards