Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Default 3 in a room

Our 18 year old daughter will be accompanying my husband and I on our cruise. We've booked a balcony room on the Baja deck that will accommodate 3 people. Can anyone tell me if we'll be too cramped with 3 in a room? I think there are twin beds, or 1 queen, and then a wall bed. Would welcome any advice here. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:21 AM
pg

Default Re: 3 in a room

Look we travel with 3 kids in a 24 foot motorhome, so no, I don't think it will be too crowded.
On the other hand, it isn't going to be spacious either, but, it's only one week, you don't have to cook or clean in the cabin and you do have the whole ship to spread out in.
It all comes down to money.
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The balcony helps big time! Are you in a mini suite or a regular balcony cabin? There is a difference in size, believe me!

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

the two twins convert into a queen giving you a bit more room. 3 can be a bit tight especially when it comes to an 18yr old girl and the bathroom. The balcony is great -makes a huge difference you can sit out there with a cocktail while you wait for your daughter to finish up in the bathroom. closet and drawer space is also at a premium.
You will have one barrel chair and a small table, and a built-in vanityw/mirror(which provides the only outlet for curling irons and hair dryers) the one in the bathroom will not accept a polarized plug.
We did 3 in a mini-suite and loved it. Basically we had our half of the room and our son had his half, and the bigger bathroom and larger closet and drawer space made it very very comfy.
3 in a balcony room is very doable you just have to do things in shifts,know that storage space is at a premium and you don't have a lot of room to spread out all of your "stuff"
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Debb1e

Hi,

I was on Caribbean Princess in May and there were three adults in our party sharing a balcony stateroom.

There was two single beds with an additional bed that during the day was stored in the ceiling out of the way and the steward unlocked the ceiling compartment and prepared the bed in the evening. It was basically the same as the wall bed you mentioned just a different method of storing it out of the way. The only down side with this is that if the person sleeping in this bed wished to sleep on it during the day, which happened to me oneday when I had a really bad migrane then you would have to let the room steward know so he could get it down for you. It is above one of the single beds so you end up with a bunk bed design at night with the other single bed a couple of feet away.

Our party did not take excess clothing so storage was not a problem and although it did feel a little cramped at times it was not that bad. I think the cruise ships that have a fold away sofa is a better design but thats just my opinion.

We still had a great time and if you know what to expect before you go and think you will be able to manage then it will be fine.

Have a great time.

Debbie
Old September 12th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: 3 in a room

I would suggest for 3 adults that you go with a mini-suite, if the cost isn't prohibitive.
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: 3 in a room

We had a regular balcony (not a suite) on the baja deck with my husband, myself, and two smaller (6 and 8) children. The beds come out of the ceiling... it was a bit claustrophobic the first couple of nights, but we got used to it. However, next time we will definately go with the extra space in a suite.