CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sapphire out of San Francisco (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/226316-sapphire-out-san-francisco.html)

BrwnEyedGirl September 10th, 2004 02:08 PM

Sapphire out of San Francisco

Any booked for the up coming cruises out of San Francisco on the Sapphire?
We are on the Oct 22nd. cruise. Just wondering what ppl have planned as far as staying in the city or by what means of travel they have planned for arriving in the city ? If any one has travelled out of San Francisco in the past, what they thought of it? From what I understand it's one of the harder ports to cruise in and out of.
Have a great cruise all!!

JaneMarlow September 10th, 2004 02:53 PM

Re: Sapphire out of San Francisco

We are on the Sapphire, but we live in SF so it's not a problem getting to the pier.

Where are you considering staying? Are you coming in the night before?

paljoeysmom September 10th, 2004 02:56 PM

I'm on the Sapphire for the 10/2 sailing can't wait. Only 3 more weeks. My hubby & I were at a Cruise seminar last night, with reps from Princess, RCCL/Celebrity, Disney,
and Radisson. i WON THE GRAND PRIZE. Nope, not a cruise! (ha, ha) It was a really nice gift pack of shower/bath gels and lotions. Now I am going to pamper myself. They said the Sapphire is almost sold out for the Australian/New Zealand itinerary in January.

BrwnEyedGirl September 11th, 2004 06:38 PM

Jane,
We are in the east bay, Walnut Crek area. We are not staying in the city the night before but I was trying to find info for my in-laws who are coming from Oregon the day before. We will be driving in and using the parking garage. I was able to find out some helpful info about driving from a police officer that was working the pier while there was a ship due to sail a few weeks back. It's not a problem for us to get there.
Have a great cruise all!!

Ernie September 12th, 2004 10:54 AM

Hi!

Ernie September 12th, 2004 11:00 AM

Hi!
I am a travel agent from north of San Francisco and I will be on the Oct 22nd sailing of the Sapphire with 33 people in my group. Although we mostly all live in the Bay Area, I would suggest that if you are flying into SFO or OAK, let Princess do the transfers for you. They excel at getting you to and from the ship with no problems. If you are driving, there is a parking garage not far from Pier 35. Inquire about cruise prices before you enter the garage. SF Hotels are expensive. Do the research first. Taxi fare to the pier is nominal.
Maybe we will meet on board? I have sailed on Princess 17 times in the past and am looking forward to the new Sapphire.
Ernie - Red Hill Travel ernie9235@aol.com

cruisebob September 12th, 2004 07:04 PM

I understand that this will be a nearly totally gay cruise, a first for Princess.They are hoping to do more but want to have feedback on this cruise before deciding.

Franknca September 13th, 2004 05:12 PM

We live in the SF Bay area and have taken a number of cruises out of San Francicso. We splurge and get a limousine and let the driver navigate that horrible traffic.

If you are flying in to SFO, as one other person said, get the transfer from Princess. They do a great job and the next time you see your luggage it will be delivered to your cabin.
Frank-in-CA

Irishjayne September 13th, 2004 08:00 PM

We are on the Sapphire November 1st cruise with 35 others. We too live in the north bay and are taking a limo to and from the pier. We felt that would be the easiest way to commute. Let the limo driver deal with the traffic.

Ernie September 17th, 2004 10:13 AM

Irishjayne:

Ernie September 17th, 2004 10:19 AM

Irishjayne:
If you live in the north bay and have a large group going to pier 35, and, if you can get your people together at one spot, Marin Airporter is the way to go. The cost is reasonable and they can take you INSIDE the pier, no dropping off at the curb like the limo's.
I have 33 people going on the Oct 22nd sailing and the bus will be at my house to pick up most of them and bring them to and from the city. The cost is only $20 PP, one way, including tip. Can't beat that. Call David Hughes at Marin Airporter and tell them Red Hill Travel sent you.