Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Marian

Default Roll Call 10/23 Carib Princess

Just wondering if anyone out there is sailing on this cruise!! We're celebrating our 25th anniversary with our 13 year old daughter. Any suggestions for shore excursions?
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:14 PM
emmy

Default Re: Roll Call 10/23 Carib Princess

My husband and I are also on this sailing...actually cruise docs arrived in the mail a couple of hours ago. Yippee!

This sailing appears to be quite full and still awaiting cabin assignment as we booked a quarantee cabin..PC dining for us..first time trying this.

Arriving day prior and staying at Renaissance on 17th Street via Priceline. Will be in line in terminal bright and early by 10 - 1030 am

38 more days to go...see ya soon!

Emmy
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:37 AM
sails

Four of us from Kissimmee, Fl. are also sailing on that date and have received our cruise packets on Monday. Time is getting close...now, if all the hurricanes would knock it off, I could start preparing clothes for the cruise. This is our 6th cruise on Princess.
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, my Mom and I are also sailing from NJ. Picking up cruise docs on Saturday. My second, Mom's first. Signed up today for St. Thomas shore excursion (shopping and beach)!
Old September 18th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Marian

Default Re: Re: Roll Call 10/23 Carib Princess

Just wondering if anyone could give us some tips on cruising. It's been 15 years since our last cruise. Any advice would be helpful. Also we are taking our 13 year old any tips for her. This is her 1st cruise. Can't wait to go---won't be long now!!!
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Bob Flynn

My Family will be sailing with you on this Cruise. We will be Flying out of Chicago on friday
and staying at the Sheraton via Priceline. Me and wife and 2 daughters ages 16 (birthday right before we sail) and 9 will be aboard. This will be our First cruise, so we can't wait !
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Marian

We will also be flying out of Chicago, Midway to be exact. This is our 3rd cruise, however it's been 15 years since our last. Our daughter turned 13 in July and is very excited about this cruise, her first. Hope to get some tips on what to do and what to take with us!
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call 10/23 Carib Princess

We are flying ot of Midway also. We have never flwn from there before. Is it easier than o'hare? We are flying ATA.

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=10&year=2004&day=23&hour=16:00[/img]
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:11 PM
Marian

The times we have flown from Midway have been much easier. It is much smaller and easier to get through. I haven't been there though since they have made their changes and renovations. I still imagine it would be easier due to size. We are also flying ATA, leaving Saturday morning on a 7:30 a.m. flight. Thought about leaving a day earlier, now I wish we would have done it!! I sure hope those pesky hurricanes depart soon. I just saw on Princess' web page that they switched the cruise this week from an eastern cruise to a western cruise. That would be the same itinerary we have. I'm not so sure I like the other ports as much as the ones we are scheduled for. But as we know the weather sure can change quickly! I'm sure it will be great. Can't wait. Are you from the Chicagoland area? We're right over the border in Northwest Indiana.
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:46 PM
Passenger

We are right over the boarder in Wisconsin. Midway is a longer drive,but I hope we save headaches with it being smaller than O'hare.
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:09 AM
MiamiNicole

Mirian, Northwest indiana?? I was born in Munster, IN are you anywhere near there? I have been in Miami a while now and we are going on the CP in December, just curious if you were from Munster too!
(Midway is much easier!!!!)
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Marian

MiamiNicole,
We live in Schererville,actually St. John Township. I grew up in Highland and graduated from there, and my husband grew up in Whiting and graduated from Hammond Clark. It's such a small world. When did you leave the region? I bet you don't miss all the snow and cold!! Except when those hurricanes come in !!!