Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Kellie in Texas

Default first-timer on Carib. Princess

Hi, everybody. I want to say how much fun I've had (and how much I've learned) reading the Cruisemates message boards for the past few months. This is my very first post. My husband and I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess next October (2005) to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Looks like we'll be in cabin B246 (Baja deck). Anybody know anything about it? I'm sure I'll have some more specific questions as time goes by. I'd also like to ask everyone who's going on the CP in the next few months to be sure and post your review and especially pictures. I've seen lots of pictures of the ship at various ports, but I'd also like to see the embarkation area (if they let you take pictures there), the cabins, the public areas, etc. So please post your pictures and help us newbies out. Thanks for all the help and info so far. Kellie in Texas
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: first-timer on Carib. Princess

Hi Kelly. i traveled the cp in August and we had rooms B250and B246. Two adults and two teens. Great rooms - right by the elevator. Our steward was Samuel who was really great. You are going to love the ship. we had such a great time. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. My review is also on cruise critic.
Old September 16th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Kellie in Texas

Default Re: Re: first-timer on Carib. Princess

Thanks, Mary. I have read your review and it was helpful; small world that we'll more than likely be in "your" cabin. I think it's funny when people start those reviews by saying "Sorry this is so long, but . . . " when it's actually the longer reviews that are the most helpful. We go to the travel agent tomorrow (Friday) to sign on the dotted line, so to speak! I certainly will email you if and when I think of specific questions. Thanks so much.
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Maryellen

Hi Mary,

I am going on the October 30, Carribean Princess. My room is B254. Since your room was in the same area, my question is this. If there really enough room in the room for me, my husband, and my 14-year-old son. I didn't want to spend the money for the mini suite, but I really can't understand the configuration of the room. They tell me my room in non converting twin beds???? And the third bed is above our heads???? Does this mean my son climbs up into the bed somehow? He won't like that. Anyway any room description would be helpful.

Thanks.

Maryellen
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Kellie in Texas

Okay, it's official - we're booked in cabin B246! Whoo-hoo! Mary, did you take any pictures that you can post? And one other thing: does that room have a refrigerator? I'm sure I'll have more later.
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Passenger

Kelly - yes the room has a frig and your steward will bring you ice daily if you ask. My sister-in-law took 9 rolls of pictures from the airport to the end. She takes great pictures but only problem is I don't have a scanner. I looked at so many pictures on these boards prior to going - better for you to be surprised. You are going to love it. Hope you have Samuel for your steward. He was so nice.

Maryellen - my sister-in-law and brother and their daughter who is 11 were in a triple also. Bed comes down from the wall and there is a ladder to get up. My niece loved it. Personally I think it is a little tight but doable. Plus you have the balcony which really does help. Your really not in the room that much - basically sleeping and changing. So while one is getting dressed the other two can sit out on the balcony. Have a great time. I wish i was going again.
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Evelyn in Tennessee

Hi kelly

I just got back Sat.Sept 18th, yesterday. The Caribbean Princess is gorgeous!!!
I loved the Movies by the pool, we where on deck 12(ahloa deck), we had 2-rooms, 4 people traveling.

The cabin steward we had was awesome, our Head Waiter and Asst. Waiter was great!!

We where threaten by hurricanes, Ivan and Jeane, but out captain was great in getting us away from them,. our itenary was changes three time, but we visited two ports. We still had a wonderful time!!! The weather was hot and sunny everyday. I was a tan to die for!!!!

There is so much to do, I love the shows at night and getting all dressed up for dinner and be treated like a queen, the other three travelers with me, was there first cruise, this is my second.

Kelly, you will have a ball!

Evelyn in Tennessee