Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
Luka02

Default Princess ship

Can anyone tell me anything about this ship? If you've been on it please share your thoughts on the Star. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Princess ship

Luka, the Star is fantastic -- really made me in love with Princess newer ships (we are off on the Diamond at the end of October).

Here is a link to my Star ship photos here:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=964

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:38 PM
ahill03

Default Re: Re: Princess ship

Thanks so much for all those great pictures. We are going on the Star on March 27 and now I am so excited, I can't stand it. We have only been on one cruise and that was a Carnival 3 day party ship. My husband said never again, but I convinced him and now after seeing your pictures, I am sure he will be as excited as I am. Thanks again.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
First Mate

I did not like the Star. I am a traditional diner and they relegated us to the worst restaurant on that ship. It is the most difficult to get to and experiences terrible vibrations when it leaves port, which was usually at 6 PM when the early seating took place.

If you like to see movies on board, both the Princess Theatre and the Vista Lounge have lights that interfere with part of the picture.

If you are a PC diner and don't care about movies, you'll like the Star. I had other problems with this ship that I bore you with at this time. I will try and book travel on the Coral and Sun class ships as these are our favorites.
Frank-in-CA
Old September 23rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Frequent traveler

Sailed on the Star twice, once with our grand children, fabulous ship. Everything was top notch, and I would recommend personal choice dining. We are scheduled on the Diamond, a similar ship in Dec. This will be our 17th Princess cruise, 25 total, and I can't say enough about the grand class ships. Enjoy your trip.
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:24 AM
pg

We cruised on the Grand and liked it so much we then cruised on the Golden. The Grand and the Golden are very similar to the Star, and so I guess we will try the Star next!!! The cabins all have fridges, and are decorated in themes of casual elagance as opposed to gaudy eye popping colours!
We thought the pools and pool areas were very nice , larger pools( fresh water not salt water like on most other lines) then many ships and the sun loungers have pads on them as opposed to just stretched fabric. Very comfy!
Ahill,
We also had cruised on Carnival a couple of times, and there is NO comparison to Princess, you'll love your cruise, and the ship!