Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe
Default Coral Princess 11/10 Rollcall

5 from Texas heading for a nice break! anyone else counting the days?
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Goincrackers

Default Re: Coral Princess 11/10 Rollcall

Hi CeCe! Two of us from No. Texas on board as well. I'm glad to finally see a thread about this trip - was starting to think we were going to be the only ones on the ship! !

We are SOOO counting the days. Booked back in January, and have just recently allowed ourselves to start getting excited. Now I can't hardly wait.

Haven't been on a cruise for exactly 20 years, so it's like going again for the first time!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Coral Princess 11/10 Rollcall

Same here, we thought we were going to have the whole ship to ourselves! Should be loads of fun with great places to see. My first Princess Cruise and all others, 2nd.
Let's see who else is going?
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Merrymac

Hi Ce Ce and Goincrackers. We are a group of eight, six from south Florida and two from the Northeast. Can't believe it's finally here. We're all really looking forward to it, particularly those of us from Florida. who are anxious to get away from all the hurricane stuff. Ellen
Old October 7th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am also -CeCe. Sailing 11/2004 on the Galaxy. I was surprised to see another CeCe.
Old October 10th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

I started my packing list and really don't want to take too much. Ugh. Anyone else having that problem.
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Goincrackers

Hi CeCe.........

We've started "staging" some of the things we intend to pack, and I'm doing the same thing mentally as you are. I don't want to take too much either, and I keep thinking I'm going to be in my bathing suit more than anything else. I have no doubt I'll overpack, although I'm trying desperately to plan on taking things that interchange with others, especially casual stuff, to maybe avoid serious overpacking.

I did take the advice I've read many times about getting the 2-1/2 gallon ziplock bags, and have already made a test run on some things my husband has already set out to pack (socks, underwear, etc). After filling the bag, then pressing out the air, I was amazed at how that reduced the size of the area those items were taking up prior to bagging them! It really works! Specially for our carry-ons. The ziplocks are more economical than the ones marketed specifically for packing (Space Bags).

Four weeks from today!! Can't wait!
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Goincrackers and all
Great info on zip locks. Did notice itinerary has changed? No Cayman Island stop obviously due to Hurricane damage. Also changed when we get to what ports. By the way did you book airfare through cruise line?
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Goincrackers

CeCe and everyone..........

I did notice yesterday that the itinerary has changed eliminating Grand Cayman. I called my TA this morning to see if there was going to be a replacement port, and she said there might be. She had my final papers, and they were not as current as the Princess web page regarding eliminating that port and the excursion we had reserved at it. No indication there might be a shipboard credit or such if the stop is eliminated completely.

We did book our airfare with the cruise line. We've found that on many of these tour-type vacations, that it's more convenient and organized when it's all booked together. Went to Jamaica a few years ago, booked everything individually myself, and there was a lot of confusion with airport transfers and such. I am a little surprised we don't have non-stop flights though - connecting in Charlotte. Arriving in Ft. Lauderdale around 2:00 pm Florida time.

I didn't notice that the day or time of arrival at the ports had changed on our itinerary.....
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Goincrackers

Hey CeCe, Merrymac, and all.....Only 2-1/2 weeks left! By the way, since our last exchange, my TA received a fax from Princess confirming the elimination of the stop in Grand Cayman. She said they indicated a $12.76 per person refund for not making that port. Guess that'll go on the shipboard account - will buy a couple drinks anyway!

I'm going to do some serious packing/staging/organizing this weekend and maybe see where we're at luggage-wise. I'm still a little torn about whether to use a garment bag for the formal stuff. I read pros and cons on using them. What do you think?

Yeah for Friday!
Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Coral Princess 11/10 Rollcall

5 from Texas have been counting the Wednesdays! Wow, we're almost there. I decided not use a garment bag, so I"m planning on packing very carefully my formal outfit(s). I'm going to purchase one large jumbo bag and try to pack my pillow. I think. Starting to lay my stuff in the extra bedroom trying to get ready. Haven't decided about Belize excursion yet. Plenty to choose from. I'm ready!
Old October 25th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Goincrackers

CeCe....

I'm leaning toward dumping the garment bag too. I think we'd rather roll a suitcase than drag the garment bag. Thought I'd pass on a possible pillow idea for you. My husband had shoulder surgery over the summer, and is pretty attached to the pillow we searched the world for. It's a foam one, however, and rather heavy, so we couldn't figure how we were going to bring it. Instead, we found a firm enough travel size neck roll one as well as the pillowcase to fit at Linens and Things. Way back in the pillow section. Just a thought.........

We're doing the Cave Tubing in Belize. Everything I read about it has people raving. I love tubing, so providing there isn't any 'creatures' swimming the river with us, I think we'll have a lot of fun!
Old November 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Update! Grand Cayman is a go! Anyone made excursion arrangements? Almost 1 week left.