Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:50 AM
James&Rob

Default Disapointed Caribbean Princess Sept 18 2004

Was anyone else Dissapointed with the sept 18 cruise on the caribbean Princess ??

Sept 18 Caribbean Princess
May 13 Sensation
July 13 Fantasy
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Disapointed Caribbean Princess Sept 18 2004

Can you be a bit more detailed, what exactly were you disappointed in? I have friends who got back early yesterday morning and am anxious to see how they liked it.
Old September 29th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

No to raise suspicion but this is almost verbatim wording from the "Disappointed in the Dawn" thread

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
James&Rob

Default Re: Re: Disapointed Caribbean Princess Sept 18 2004

Well for one thing it was my companions birthday and this cruise was his birthday gift from me I had gone to princess.com and ordered special things to be in owr cabin when we arived About a week befor our cruise I called Princess And spoke to a rep personally to make sure that everything was set up she told me there would be banners and ballons in our cabin and something special at dinner and guess what there was nothing NOTHING I finally went to the persers desk after we sailed and they said they knew nothing about it they did finally send down 3 ballons. The food was not up to par the Breakfast was alful. The shows were so so and we were stranded at sea for 2 extra days due to the hurricane which Princess had no control of the weather but they did seem to be prepared for this even thought the cruise prior the same thing happened Part of the ship ran out of toliet paper and we had rerun of the same food. Now the ship is beautiful and our stewart was the greatist we have ever had we have cruised with carnival on 2 previous cruises with no problems and even thought Princess is owned by carnival I will be going back to Carnival actually Im booking a cruise on carnival today I dont think Ill ever cruise princess again
Old September 29th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Beginner

We were on the same cruise and had a fantastic time. Thought the food was good, especially Sterlings. Thoroughly enjoyed afternoon tea everyday and had no problem with breakfast/lunch. We usually ate in the Coral dining room. I am not fond of buffets esp when people push, shove and stick their dirty hands into the food thus we stayed away from Horizon and Caribe.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary by renewing our vows onboard along with our close friends (also celebrating their 25th). Our cabin doors were decorated and we had the cakes at our dinner at Sterlings. The actual renewal of our vows was very beautiful. We received transcripts of the ceremony and some of our new friends (Sea Bee's) attended which meant a lot to both couples. The cruise staff even made sure the webcam was on so our family and friends at home could see us. Thought the entertainment was great and feel they improvised very well with the extended cruise - the crew talent show was fantastic. I did not hear of any problems with supplies, in fact we inquired about food etc and were told that they usually carry enough supplies for two weeks. The only problem we encountered was ignorant guests in the line for the internet. The way some of them carried on, you would think that the cruise line arranged the hurricane just to inconvenience these people!

Sorry we didn't get to meet you James & Rob. The others we met from cruise critics (the Sea Bee's) were a fantastic group and certainly contributed to our very enjoyable expierence on this amazing ship.

Debbie
Rick & Debbie
Guelph, ON

Old October 1st, 2004, 10:42 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to paulsue

We also had an absolutely fabulous time on this magnificent ship, and are considering booking again. We have been on 3 Carnival, and although we had no complaints or issues with Carnival, we do prefer Princess. Sorry you were disappointed James and Rob, and sorry we didn't get to meet you at any of our Sea Bees activities.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Ernie

No...I thought it was one of the most beautiful ships I have ever sailed on. The food was fantastic and so was the service. I heard nothing but praise from fellow passsengers. What was your problem?
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Passenger

sorry to hear you had a terrible time. not really sure why only part of the ship ran out of toilet paper and the other parts of the ship were hoarding it.

we had an anniversary the 1st time on Princess, and the balloons are a nice touch, but it's all for show for people passing by. To us, having the balloons served as a marker for where our room was. and that the steward changed it periodically wasn't a big deal. as far as i know, that was the only thing they did for special occasions in the room. it wasn't like the balloons were necessary for us to enjoy the cruise. we did get a special desert on the night of our anniv., so that was nice.

we were on the 8-28 extended cruise, and although the extra 2 days were unexpected and a bit inconvient, we did get 2 extra days for FREE. didn't mind that they re-ran the menu for those days, since those days had a pretty good menu.

not to knock Carnival or anything, but Carnival seems too glitzy for my taste. and i don't equate standard & superior type ships, like Carnival as having better food overall than premium ships like Princess
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:21 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Rob, I did get to meet you and are aware of some of your disappointments. Some others of our group had some disappointments, too, like their roses in their room drooping after a couple of days, but, not enough to ruin their cruise. I hope there were some aspects of this trip that were satisfactory. I know you had troubles even on your trip down to get to Ft. Lauderdale so that set a bad tone already.
Please, reconsider and give Princess another chance.These last several weeks in Florida have been horrendous and has put the cruise ships-all of them-in disaster mode.
BTW, we always had an extra roll of TP in our cabin so all you had to do was ask. . That's a joke, Rob!! I really hope you have a better cruise next time. You and James take care. Lynne

Old October 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM
James&Rob

Lynne
Not all aspects of the cruise was bad I didnt mean to sound like I didnt enjoy myself I was just disapointed in some of the things that didnt happen that should have. The Caribbean Princess is a Large Beautiful ship most all the crew is very friendly and nice with the exception of the persers deck they dont have a clue. But we did have a good time but Princess didnt follow through on Robs birthday as I requested this was a special cruise for his bday So needless to say I have already Booked another cruise for March 6 on the Carnival Victory to the Easter caribbean to San Juan, St Thomas and St.Marrten I did send an e-mail to the CEO of Princess and they e-mailed me back that they had opened a file on my dissapointment. I would Not tell anyone not to cruise On the caribbean Princess But I think I will stay with Carnival from now on And whos not to say I want have a bad experiance with Carnival But Rob and I have been togeather 13 Years and Ive always did his birthday with a cake etc and there was nothing and I was in the middle of the ocean and couldnt go even pick one up I know this may sound petty but that how I feel thanks to all who replied good luck in the future and if anyone is sailing on the Victory on March 6 Let us know
James
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Rob,
I understand your helplessness in your situation and acknowledge it. I'm glad that you had some good times during the week. I hope that James won at the tables the night I met you. Best of luck on your March cruise, and let us know how it went when you return. Lynne

Old October 5th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Rob,

Did you have PC dining or traditional? If you had PC - how was the waitstaff to know who you were and that you had requested a cake? We told them it was our anniversaries and like magic two (one for each couple) cakes appeared. When the cruise was extended, we joked at dinner one evening that had we known we would still be at sea, we would have noted Sue's birthday so they could have done something - our waiter overheard us and asked me if we would like to have a cake at desert. I declined (sorry Sue) since we still had not finished the anniversary cakes. It might be worth noting for future cruises that if you have not opted for traditional dining, you might have to speak up about special requests at the beginning of the meal.

Debbie
Old October 5th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I hope you have some pictures of your special dinner, Debbie. I don't know how to get into them on the other site. I've tried twice. Do I have to download Zip?
It's been fun reading all the reviews and questions. By the way, did you see on the the thread for this week's cruise on the CP that someone wrote in about B-408? That was our cabin! I wrote back a detailed description of it. He should be able to see his way around in the dark. He IS going to take an alarm clock since it IS so dark in there in the AM!.It's interesting that someone with whom I'm now corresponding will be staying where we were.So far, it seems like he will be alone.
I'm so glad that you're still posting, as are some of the rest of the Sea Bees. I've also answered Fig's post, as you have. Aren't these boards great?!
Goodnight. I'm turning into a pumpkin-now just after 11PM. Happy Thanksgiving! I didn't remember it coming so early-thought it was November 1.Maybe I'm thinking of Independence Day-July 1.
Lynne

Old October 6th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Beginner

Hi Lynne,

I have not posted any pictures yet - that link was to a Princess slide show. I was able to view Kim's photos. We have to edit ours - get rid of all the redeye.

Guess we just wore the staff/crew out on our cruise. Seems like the Hurricane Chaser's did not have the best of times. Have to wonder if their frame of mind coloured their perception. Some of the comments are somewhat nit-picky and (no offense to the Hurricane Chasers) quite often when people are already upset they tend to expect, and sometimes demand, more. I do agree with them that they should get the same compensation as the previous shortened cruise, and, as I've said many times, Princess needs to develop a much more efficient and effective communication system as well as a policy setting out refund/compensation for shortened cruises and any compensation for extended cruises. People tend to focus on the shortened cruise and forget that all of us had to shell out for unbudgeted expenses such as extended parking fees, additional hotel expenses, babysitting, fees for new air travel etc. That being said - we had the best vacation of our lives. Meeting the Sea Bees certainly contributed to that.

Must go now.

Debbie
Old October 7th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Lynne &Trevor

AMEN! Lynne

Old October 7th, 2004, 06:50 PM
LSP

Default Re: Re: Re: Disapointed Caribbean Princess Sept 18 2004

grow up