Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM
Christina M

Default Ft. Lauderdale liquor store

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the name and location of a cheap liquor store in Ft. Lauderdale? We are thinking of waiting to buy our liquor until we get to Ft. Lauderdale, so we don't have to deal with any problems with airlines and baggage. We live in Maryland, is alcohol still cheaper in Florida even though it is a tourist spot? I have seen some people mention they have bought alcohol at a store and boxed it up or had it deliverd to ship. Do they search these boxes? Any help or advice is much appreciated.
Christina
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2004, 07:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale liquor store

You can purchase liquor cheapest by just ordering a bottle to your room. An example is Grey Goose (my fav.) Princess only charges $32.00. I pay that at home (in MD also) and only $22.00 for Absolute, Beefeater gin & Bacardi Limon. Princess is one of the only cruise lines that do that. I think its a great deal. Now.........if you like wine, thats a different story. THe prices are high like any resturant. Even a white zin is $22.00. Princess DOES allow you to bring on your wine in "acceptable" amounts. (champagne too) I feel comfortable with 4 or 5 bottles. I think a case is pushing it.
We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess 11/20/04 (our 21st Princess) and will be flying in a day early. Here is the name of a liquor store in Fort Laud. that we are going to for our wine. 67 Liquors , 1317 SE 17th. (very close to ship)
If you have any other questions, just e-mail me.(in subject please put "cruisemate" so I don't delete you
Happy sailings,
sea angel

Voyager of the Seas!!!May 7,2005
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:44 PM
kubies

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale liquor store

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before our cruise last April and found a liquor store directly across the road from the hotel. I think it was called Crown Liquor, address 1645 Cordova Rd. We did not buy liquor (find that having it brought to our cabin by room service worth not having the hassle of special wrapping and worry), but did buy wine at very good prices...we know, we're from California!
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Admiral

you can also buy your liquor at the grocery store. There is a Publix Market on 17th Street that has an extensive liquor & wine selection. As the others have stated, you can bring wine & champagne aboard. Purchase your "hard" liquor from room service for less than you can get it at the package store, and that way you don't have to worry about "smuggling" your liquor aboard in your checked baggage.
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good hints and info..I brought wine in my carry on last truip..arrived saflly but was heavy to lug around. I am also coming in the day before..want to get some water and wine..Will be at Marriott Marina on 17th...