Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2004, 11:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Jen13070
Default Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

Hi there...I'm sailing on the Antarctic cruise this Dec. on the Royal Princess. If anyone else out there has sailed on this cruise (out of Cape Town...ending in Santiago, Chile), I would really appreciate some feedback as to what to pack. I hear that it's really hot the first few days...then absolutely freezing cold for the remainder of the trip. If anyone has some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks! Jen
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

Jen, that sounds so exciting. I can't help you with the clothing, but i can tell you that you will love the Royal Princess, she is one classy lady, there is an old-style understated elegance about her that you just don't get on the newer mega ships.
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

Hi there...

Yes, the RP is my fave...this is the last voyage I'm taking on the RP before she is sadly leaving the company. )= I used to travel on Royal Viking Line quite frequently, and this is the first ship that comes close to the old RVL ships.

Jen
Old November 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Rainy

Default Re: Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

Jen - we did this cruise last December - fantastic.

Dress is layers, with a wind and waterproof outer layer. That should do the trick. Don't forget gloves,hat & scarf. We didn't find the weather too bad. Warm in Cape Town then cool getting a bit colder, but nice. There are always locations inside the ship you can have a great view without going outside in the cold. Evenings, just make sure you have a jacket or sweater as usual dinning rooms can be a bit cool. Don't forget your bathing suite and make sure to have slippers & robe (request a robe for your room) to put on when you get out of the hot tub. There is also a hot tub inside. We didn't use the swimming pool on this cruise.

We also love the "Royal Princess" and are booked on the 21 day cruise, April 21, 2005 cruise, Manaus to Rome. That's the next to the last cruise before she goes over to P&O in Great Britain. We had also checked out some postings on Cruisemates.com as well as Cruisecritic.com for some advice before we sailed. I know you'll have a great time. Bring lots of film or a digital camera with extra memory. We bring our laptop computer along to download pictures each day. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Happy cruising, Lorraine
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

Hi Lorraine...

Thanks for the great advice! I'm so sad to see the Royal go to P & O. These smaller ships have always been my fave. Happy to know that the weather isn't too terrible. A friend of mine was on the ship last year for this cruise, and he mentioned blizzard conditions...so that made we wonder what I was up against packing-wise.

Have a great time on the Manaus-Rome cruise. I was hoping to book that one as well...but my employer was kind enough to let me take this voyage...don't want to push my luck!

Thanks again,

Jen
Old November 13th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Re: Royal Princess Antarctic Cruise 12/17/04

You are so lucky! What an awesome cruise!