Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Texas Cruiser

Default Grand-Best place to read outdoors

Hi! My husband and I will be cruising on the Grand Princess. We both love to sit outside, read and relax while onboard. Any suggestions from past cruisers of this ship as to the best place to do this. We would like a quiet place not frequented much by little ones. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand-Best place to read outdoors

i would suggest finding a spot near the swim against the current pool. I don't recall the name of that pool, its near the Lotus Spa and it doesn't get crowded and busy like Neputne's Reef pool.
Old October 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM
bushwhacker

I suggest the aft pool. Sun or shade, no children. You'll love the ship. We've been on her three or four times, and she is Grand!
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:49 PM
kwjones

Absolutely, the aft pool area is the place. The Grand and Golden both have an extended, No Children area there that is great for what you are wanting to do. They often play soft easy going music there, but not offensive or too loud, plus it's not far from the buffet!!! What could be better???
Happy sailing
Ken
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Yeoman

Agree with above posts, just not by the main pools ( centre) as they play the music so loud their that it gets on my nerves after awhile.
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Texas Cruiser

Thanks for the advice. Sounds nice. Any suggestions on outdoor deck area not around a pool? Just looking for some good options. We usually pick an outside deck that doesn't go around the entire ship so their isn't a lot of traffic and other people talking around us. I'm not one of those people who can focus on my reading if there are noisy people around me.
Old October 5th, 2004, 02:55 PM
kwjones

Hi Texas, Once again, the aft pool is your cup of tea. You can find "dead end" decks that are one or even two decks above that aft pool, and dead end into the stern of the ship, and give you that peaceful view and sound of the wake. I believe this is exactly what you want. When you get aboard, check it out, and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's perfect!!
Later,
Ken
Old October 6th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Texas Cruiser

Thank a bunch. It does sound perfect! Can't wait.