Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Snick's Guy

Default What to do in Ft Lauderdale ?

Hello Again---

Our group will be in Ft Lauderdale on a Saturday, Dec 11th, one day prior to our 10-day cruise aboard the Sun Princess. We are flying in fronm the West Coast, and will arrive in Ft lauderdale about 230pm the day prior. We plan to rent a car until the following day.

Though we may be a little tired from our flight, we would like to go for a short drive and enjoy a meal and maybe a little early "night life" on Saturday night. We are in our early to mid 40's.

Any reccomendations on how to kill the late afternoon and evening in the Ft Lauderdale area?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro
Default Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale ?

hey snicks guy i havent seen you sence u made the alcohol post on the teen board...wow u sure got ppl mad lol

Old October 5th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Los Olas Blvd.

An interesting street, with lots of restaurants, clubs etc.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Jen13070

I agree...Los Olas Blvd is really great. Great restaurants and shops...Also, if you take a tour of the canals, you'll see some amazing homes and yachts. I stayed at the Riverside Inn (right in the heart of Los Olas Blvd) for a few days before I got on the Royal Princess for a Panama Canal trip...They have a wonderful breakfast at that hotel...fyi. We had a great time in that part of Ft. Lauderdale. (And, Los Olas Blvd. is less than a 20 minute cab ride to the port!)

Have a great trip!

Jen
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

There's a cute little place to eat I think called Los Olas Cafe. Look in the travel books in the hotel you will see it listed. If you call the number listed in the book you will get a beeper leave your hotel number they will call you back. They come to your hotel in a little train pick you up and drop you off. You eat in big table that are porch swings right accross from the ocean. The food was really good, the train ride is a hoot and the view is great we sat there and watched ships go out to sea.
Old October 6th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Snick's Guy

Thanks all for your posts--Los Olas it is!
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:27 PM
k2345

If your budget can stand it, Mark's at Las Olas is an outstanding restaurant....make a reservation.
Old October 9th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Beginner

I've lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area my whole life. December is the beginning of our "season" so whatever you do, go early or make reservations ahead. I assume you will be staying close to the port and downtown area. One of downtown Fort Lauderdale’s liveliest outdoor entertainment/shopping destinations is Las Olas Riverfront (300 SW 1st Ave., one block west of Andrews Avenue on the river; 954-522-6556). Families go by day to shop, grab a bite, catch a movie, or just to soak up sun and fun alongside the New River. Night owls can dine and dance until the wee hours at nightclubs and casual-to-gourmet restaurants with alfresco seating and sport's bars. The two-level complex features live bands in the courtyard on weeknights and weekend afternoons. There is a multiplex movie theatre and plenty of boutiques and stores to keep everyone happy. Here is a link to give you parking and directions. http://www.goriverwalk.com/. The town will be lighted up for the holidays and these look especially beautiful on the water. Our water taxi is a great way to view some beautiful light mansions on the Intracostal Waterway by night or a great way to see the area by day. I think you purchase a whole day ticket and it stops all over the city. http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLMap.Asp