Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wonder4
Default PC Dining

Hi

I have a question does anyone know the names of the 4 restaurants which are personnal choice dining that are free. Can you make reservations now before going on the ship? We are sailing on the Diamond Oct 23. Thanks for any information.

I am booked for late seating right now but I think I want to be able to try a different restaurant each night. Who should I speak to so that I can let them know that I will not be using the late seating?

Andrea

Old October 12th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: PC Dining

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...essDining2.cfm
Above is a link to an article I recently wrote about the dining options on the Diamond Princess. The four PC dining rooms are Sterling, Sante Fe, Pacific Moon, and Vivaldi.
The surcharge restaurant is Sabitinis.

To switch to Personal Choice, Anytime Dining just ask your TA to switch you. Should be no problem doing so.

Old October 12th, 2004, 04:20 PM
bushwhacker

"Who should I speak to so that I can let them know that I will not be using the late seating?"

Why, your travel agent, of course! If you have booked directly through Princess, just contact them.
Never having been on the diamond, I can't help you with the names of the restaurants. I can, however, tell you that you CANNOT book before boarding. Just see the maitre d' upon boarding.
Have a great cruise, and don't forget to vote before you leave!
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:16 PM
cruznut6

Sterlings also has a $15.00 pp surcharge, at least that's what I've read in the Answer Book supplied to us by Princess for our Nov 6th cruise on Caribbean Princess. From the various reviews I've read, there's not more than a 10 minute wait for a table, except at peak times, 7:00 to 8:30. With all the options for dining, we'll fore go the reservations, unless there proves to be a long waiting period.

Regards...Bob
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: PC Dining

Sterling does not have a surcharge on the Diamond, though it does on other ships. To learn more than you ever wanted to know about other folks' experience with Personal Choice and Traditional Dining on Princess, visit cruisemates.com as Kuki suggested ***edited to delete commercial reference***
Old October 14th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Andrea, by all means switch to personal choice. That is why we are doing teh Diamond again -- loved the restaurant choices.

On your cabin phone, their is a concierge button with which you can make reservations ... I just did this as a matter of course in the morning or late at night (I aalways booked around the shows)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

On the Sapphire Princess, none of the 4 Anytime Dining Rooms have a surcharge. They are: Sterling, Vivaldi, Pacific Moon, and Santa Fe. I liked Santa Fe the best. On my 10-day cruise I never went to the standard dining room, even though I had booked as a late seating. I just showed up when I wanted to dine, and they accommodated me without a reservation.

Sabatini's is well worth the surcharge! Have the double lobster tails.