Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Christina M

Default Getting off ship for excursion

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I will be arriving in Cozumel at 7am per our itinerary and we had scheduled an excursion for 8:15 am on our own. We just received a message that the excursion time has been moved up to 7:30 am at Carlos and charlies. Will we make it in time or should we cancel? Thanks for your help.

Christina
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Getting off ship for excursion

I'm assuming you did not book this excursion through Princess. I think it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to meet at Carlos and Charlie at 7:30 if you dock at 7:00. It takes time to get the gangway down and it seems to me that those who have Princess excursions get off first. Another very important consideration is that there are two ports in Cozumel -- one is across the street from Carlos and Charles (but still 1/4 mile or more away from the dock) and the other port is probably 3-4 miles away and requires a taxi ride after you finally get off the ship. I don't believe there is any way to know which dock you will be arriving at in advance. Even the night before we docked at Cozumel the cruise director was telling us one dock and the Patter was telling us the other. I don't know ---- personally I don't know how you can be sure to make a 7:30 meeting. You might make it, but --- it would be close even in the best case scenario.
Old October 20th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just in case you don't make if off on time, it would be a good idea to see if there is a later time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 20th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Admiral

If your ship docks at 7am there is no-way that you could make a 7:30am excursion, the ship won't even be fully docked and cleared before 8am at the earliest. I would contact your tour operator and tell them that you are not docking until 7am and to book you onto a later excursion.