Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM
JImeeee4

Default Horizon Court dining

I just read Anne Cambell's review on the Diamond Princesson this bebsite (ship reviews) She reported at the time of her review , two of the entrances to the horizon court buffet were closed causing considerable confusion. The Horizon Court buffet on the Princess ships we have sailed was a mass of confusion even with two or more entrances and separated food stations.
Please, some frequent Diamond sailor, tell me what the configuration is now. We are going Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Camelia

Default Re: Horizon Court dining

I'm sorry to say that it remains the same. THere is only ONE exit and entrance and it creates a terrible mess because the line becomes slow and long and you are greeted with terrible looks if you just want to help yourself to one thing..the second time round...defeats the WHOLE purpose of having separate areas for dessert and fruit etc which was the original intent!

I had no problem on the Coral or Sea Princess when more than one exit/entrance was used..this time..I didn't enjoy the experience. BTW..I was on the Diamond about a month ago!
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:03 PM
pg

We like the way the buffet is set up( we have been on the Grand and the Golden) we understand how it works, but it obviously confuses some.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:18 AM
Admiral

we didn't find it to be a problem, of course we don't go during peak hours when it can get really crowded.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The set up on the Diamond was the same physical layout as the Grand and Golden (which , if not the best, still worked OK), but on the sailing of the Diamond, they closed all but one entrance/exit to the buffet area..... and it was THAT change, which made it so congested.

So it really can't be compared to Grand, Golden, etc. unless they've started closing those other entrances on those ships as well.