Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Texas Cruiser

Default Electrical outlet in bathroom?

My husband and I have booked an inside cabin on the Grand. I am wondering if there are electrical outlets in the stateroom bathroom for a small nightlight. We had one on our Celebrity cruise, but not on either of our Royal Caribbean cruises.
Also wondering if anyone has used their own alarm clock on board. Our past experience on cruises showed us they don't work properly because there isn't a steady flow of electricity. Has anyone found this to be true on a Princess ship?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Electrical outlet in bathroom?

the only electrical outlet in the bathroom is for electric shavers & use a battery run alarm clock
Old October 25th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Texas Cruiser

Thanks! A big help.
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Admiral

the one outlet in the bathroom is a non-polarized plug, its on the wall next to the toilet. You can't use your hairdryer or any appliance that has a polarized plug. Bring a battery operated alarm clock. We left the light on in the bathroom and put a shoe in front of the door to keep it open just a bit.
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Mike S

There is an outlet in the bathroom for a night light or shaver. Fair dryer/iorn stuff is in the stateroom.

As for flow of electricity it was constant on the Caribbean Princes. However the best idea in my mind is to have a little battery operated travel clock as we had and you will have no worries and it will be lighter too.

Have a great time!
Mike
Old October 28th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Wyndy

Default Re: Re: Electrical outlet in bathroom?

I was just on the CP, I took a nightlight, but it did not work in the outlet. So we just left the bath light on and left the door ajar a bit.
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:27 AM
JR

We just got back from Caribbean Princess. Our nightlight worked just find in the bathroom, and I wouldn't have wanted to be without it!! Just make sure it doesn't have a polarized plug.