Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Becky7467

Default average ages of passengers

hi, my family is planning a cruise on the carribbean princess. i've been on 8 cruises, but never a princess ship. my sisters and i are all in our 20's. are there younger people on princess ships? i was under the impression that the crowd is a little older.
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Marian

Default Re: average ages of passengers

We just returned fromthe Carribbean Princess this Saturday. There was every age group you could imagine. It all depended on where you went on the ship. Some places were more families and kids, some were older adults, and others your age group. The Neptune pool area has an age group you would probably fit right into. This was where they had a lot of activies going, such as pool games, calapso music, etc...Just get to know the different places on the ship, I'm sure you'll find an area that you'll fit into! Have a grat time, I wish I was going back soon.
Old November 4th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Beginner

That's a good question...we are in our early 30's and we wondered the same thing! You have to wonder if the reputation of each cruise line is actually true.
MJ

Old November 5th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

the general rule is that the bigger ships that cruise the Caribbean on 7 day schedules will have the most diverse age groups. Princess attracts a wide age range on these cruises, not to worry. If you travel during school breaks there will be more familes with school-age children & teens, but Princess limits the number of children allowed on each cruise.
Its the longer cruises on the smaller older ships that attract an older crowd.
Lots of activites day and night for all ages.
You will have a blast no matter what your age.
Old November 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM
David Starkey

Time of year is also a key issue as to how many youth will be aboard. At holday, spring break and summer time you will find significantly more passengers your age.(more than other times of the year) Also length of cruise factors into this because 7 day cruises attract more family's.
I have kids that are late teens and early 20's and they have always found similar aged (except on a Sept Alaska cruise) passengers on the dozen or so cruises that they have sailed.( including Princess).
Old November 5th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Yeoman

Our first Princess cruise we took we were early thirties. It was on the Grand Princess 7 day Eastern, there was a good mix of ages on board, we never felt out of place. Princess does seem to attract a crowd of younger couples, and not as many large groups of younger partiers, which was perfect for us. We aren't into the College frat scene, but did enjoy meeting others our age who liked the more casual elegance of Princess, as opposed to the " rah rah" atmosphere on some other lines.
I would not hesitate to recommend a large ship, 7 day cruise on Princess to anyone of any age, but I would caution younger cruisers( under 30) against a 10 or more day cruise to a non Caribbean route, they do tend to an older crowd, BUT that is true of any line.
Old November 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We returned from CP on Oct 30. I was surprised at the number of older adults/senior citizens on board.
Old November 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think time of year is a big factor - our first cruise on Princess was the second week in Dec (7 day Eastern Caribbean) and we were surprised at the number of very senior citizens. Our children (early 20s) ended up spending most of their evenings in the Skywalker lounge with the crew since there were so few in their age group on the ship. We initially thought it was the cruise lines/ship (we were on the Golden) but we talked to others that had been on the Golden a few months earlier and they said the crowd was much younger. We then talked to another couple who had cruised on RCCL the same week we did and they said they had a much older crowd as well. That week was also much less expensive since it was between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays so we assumed that attracted more retirees as well.
Old November 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Kellye

We went on the Caribbean Princess in October and I'd say the average age was at least 45. The group I was with ranged from 25-33 so we felt very young compaired to the other guests.