Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Forward Cabin on the Sun

Hello---

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Sun for Dec 12. I was upgraded up to the Aloha deck, but forward, cabin 304. Would I have been better to have ended up in a lower category on a lower deck, but mid-ship? I don't mind a little motion, but don't want to rock and roll.

Would be interested in replies from those that ended up in a forward cabin, and their experience with motion on a Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks for your posts.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
bushwhacker

Default Re: Forward Cabin on the Sun

304 is not bad at all! You'll have a great cruise!
Old November 6th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Passenger

We were in A343 on the Dawn last April. I tend to get seasick pretty easily, but there was virtually no motion at all so I stopped taking the meds. The seas were no more than about 3' in the Caribbean. We have booked A332 for our Alaska trip next August. I think the Sun will have a small observation deck all the way forward on Aloha - just go through the doors all the way forward to the deck.

Sue

Dawn Princess Alaska
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Stella

I have been in that area twice, once by accident and once by request. From your balcony you can watch the officers on the Bridge as you dock and depart. It sticks out a little bit, and offers another small diversion on board ship.
As far as the observation deck goes, I do not remember one forward, I know there is one aft on the Aloha deck.
It would be an idea getaway on sea days, but for some reason, people cannot manage to hold on to the door (as the signs request) and it slams every time, making napping or reading impossible.