Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:18 AM
happy sailing

Default buying liquer on board 4 cabin use

I haven't cruised Princess before and am wondering about their policy on liquer in the room. If we buy a bottle in the on board shops, can we take it back to the room or do they hold it until the final day? Also, how are the prices compared to US and Mexico. Do they confiscate liquer bought in port and hold it until the end? Or should I just bring a bottle in my carry-on luggage to enjoy in my stateroom? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: buying liquer on board 4 cabin use

They will hold liquor unless you buy it the last full day of the voyage.

Price wise for cabin delivery, I would say some of the prices looked to be about 40 percent more than if you bought in the store. However, I though, if you had to take a plane, it might be an option.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:19 PM
pg

We bought a bottle( what we call a 26er) of Morgans Spiced rum for our cabin through room service on the Golden (April 04) and it cost us 22$ us.We thought that very fair.All the basic luquor was about that price( gin, vodka, etc) I suppose the premium brands were more, but we didn't notice.
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
dands

You can order liquor before your cruise through Princess and have it on board when you get there. Take your own mix or order it before. On board you can order liquor through room service. The cost is about $22 - $25 per one liter bottle.. If you do the math, drinks at the bars are $4-$6 with one ounce of liquor. If you order a one liter bottle for your room, you can make 30 - 40 drinks depending on your taste. If you order a drink out on deck, take the plastic glass back to your cabin, wash it and refill it later for a cheap drink out on deck (be sure to rewash it and put it a drawer for the next day). Buy the cheaper liquor in the ports and in the duty free shops and take it home. That way you save money at home. Take on board your wine, beer and mixes for bloody marys, etc. no problem.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Jim C

Default Re: Re: buying liquer on board 4 cabin use

If you order liquor ahead of time, is it in the cabin when you board or does it show up hours of days later? You mentioned ordering mixers ahead-- how do you do you do that as I don't see that on their list? Do they sell large bottles of things like Sprite for consumption in the room?
Old November 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM
dands

Hi Jim C,

Your order will be in your cabin when you board, or shortly after. When you order liquor for your cabin, (1-800-princess), order your sodas or mixes. There is a package with six choices for the price of five (shipboard prices). You can order coke, diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water and ginger ale. I believe all of the mixes are in cans, no large bottles. You would have to take your own large bottles on board, no problem. You can also buy them in the ports you visit and take them back onboard.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old November 10th, 2004, 02:34 PM
ChrisWendy

Wine, beer, soda and Champagne is ok to carry on -no hard stuff. I saw a bottle of Kahlua in Mexico for 18.99 US and on the ship (Regal) it was 22.00 - for 3 bucks it is not worth trying to sneak on and lose it until the last day! However the wine - if you bring it to the dining room - they are suppose to charge you 10US for a corkage fee - I mentioned to the waiter - I will gladly make it up to you with tips - if I don't pay the 10 bucks - YES I did make it up to him.

I brought a small soft cooler and had my room steward fill it with ice every morning - therefore - I had COLD BEER everyday at a much better cost and my room steward got a little extra.