Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
cari s

Default Tables for 2 Carribean Princess Fixed Seating

Does anyone know if there are tables for 2 in the Fixed Seating Dining Room on the Carribean Princess?
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Tables for 2 Carribean Princess Fixed Seating

yes, there are table for two in the traditional dining rooms, there aren't that many so if you want it , reserve it when you make your cruise reservations.
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
cari s

Thank you. It is in our reservation, but I know on RCCL they never have honored that request. I guess if it doesn't work out, we can always do Personal Choice. We are part of the old school. I like the same table, same wait staff, and the themed nights. My experience with Personal Choice is that it hasn't worked for us, and they lack the personal attention.
Old November 10th, 2004, 09:52 PM
kwjones

Hi Cari;
The lovely Mrs. Jones & I agree with you. We always book first seating traditional. We sailed the CP on Sept. 11th, and Lisa is correct. There are a few tables for two, but very few. Just as soon as you board the ship, go to the Matre"D, and check on your table. If they didn't already put you at a table for two, perhaps they will be able to make the move at that point. If not, you may find that a larger table, and some additional people to talk to might be fun. In any case, have a great cruise, and enjoy the movies under the stars!
Happy sailing,
Ken
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Princess has always honored our dinner requests. When you get your sign and sail card it will have your table number on it. Go to the Maitre D and double check just to be sure.
Old November 11th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Beginner

We agree with those who prefer the traditional dining but the problem we had was that we like to sit with a few other couples so we meet new people. We booked at a table for 6 for 2 back to back cruises and the first week there were 4 of us at a table for 6 but the second week we were all alone at the table for 6. We dont know which way to go for our next cruise as we felt somewhat foolish at a big table with no other guests. We really do like having the same wait staff, who get to know exactly what your likes and dislikes are and can personalize the service accordingly.
Old November 12th, 2004, 04:15 AM
pg

Cari, The PC dining rooms have the same "themed " nights as the traditional dining rooms. So other then getting the same waiter, Pc would probably be fine for you, just go to the dining room and request the same wait team each night. You can do that you know.
We LOVED PC on the Golden, but I have heard that there were more problems with it on the Caribbean Princess, do you think that is because there are more people of that ship, or because the crew was new?
Old November 12th, 2004, 07:57 AM
TWS

On Carib Princess there are about 500-600 more passengers and a couple hundred extra seats in Café Caribe (new to Grand class) and Palm restaurant extended somewhat but this extra capacity does not equal extra passengers, so dining venues busier.

Use concierge service often, available to all.
TWS
Old November 13th, 2004, 09:59 AM
cari s.

I spoke to Princess yesterday, and they told me we were confirmed for late seating, table for 2. I questioned this, asking how we were confirmed for a table for 2, and the lady said we were. I have been on over 25 cruises and never have I ever been confirmed for the size of the table pre-cruise. Does this sound correct?
Old November 13th, 2004, 04:24 PM
First Mate

I'm not sure of that. I too have sailed 25+ times and never been confimed a table size. If you can't, get a table for two in PC. Just ask for the same table and wait staff and the time you prefer to dine every evening.
Happy sailing,
sea angel

Post Edited (11-13-04 15:25)

Voyager of the Seas!!!May 7,2005
Old November 13th, 2004, 07:25 PM
kwjones

We too have sailed many many times, (over 100) and almost always get the table size confirmed pre-cruise. I'd be willing to bet you're going to get exactly what you requested, and once again, if in doubt, stop by the Maitre'D when you board to confirm.
Happy sailing,
Ken