Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default flying to california

I will be taking the Princess Diamond cruise 3/05. I am needing help with which airport to fly into. I have heard that LAX is a very big and it is better to fly into Long Beach. I will be staying at the Hyatt in Long Beach, but am not sure which airport to use and which airport might have better rates. Big airports make me nervous, how far is LAX to Long Beach? Which airport would you all recommend.
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Captain

Default Re: flying to california

Los Angeles International (LAX) is about 25 miles north of Long Beach. It is, as you say, a very large airport. The problem with flying into Long Beach is the availability of flights from your city. The service to LAX is bound to be much more frequent. You will have to check with your TA about cost of one versus the other. You might want to check out one of the discount airfare websites line www.cheaptickets.com. Good luck.

Old November 12th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wonder4

I few into Long Beach airport and it was fine. It is a smaller airport was very nice.
We flew Jet Blue from NYC. If you get a good price I would suggest going into Long Beach.

Andrea

Old November 14th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Passenger

We saided on the Diamond from L.A. on October 16th. No problem flying into LAX. We opted for the transfers to and from the ship. The return was difficult. A bus took us to the airport, but did not stop at the Southwest terminal. Driver had parked the bus at the next terminal, unloaded the luggage and passengers had to lug their luggage to the correct terminal. From there we stood in line to check our luggage with the skycap (outside the terminal). After that we were cleared to go through the security check, but that meant walking back to the second terminal (where our bus driver dropped us off) where the end of the line was. We stood in the security line (outside) for 45 minutes. Needless to say, passenger tempers were flaring by this time. It just wasn't a good system. I felt especailly sorry for the elderly passengers. We plan to cruise the same ports next year, but will definitely avoid LAX. If you can get a good rate flying into Long Beach...I'd go that route. Best of luck!!
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for your insight. I think that I will try Long Beach.