Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 12:29 PM
First Mate

Default Princess-A different answer this time

Hi:
I posted this on another post and then I realized I should have posted my question here.
I called Princess today (I called them about a week ago) and I got a different answer to my question today, than I did a week ago. It's concerning our December 4th cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I asked Princess today if the itinerary will be changed from Princess Cays to San Juan and she said no, you will still be going to Princess Cays. I mentioned to her that I knew some people just back from that cruise and they went to San Juan instead of Princess Cays, and then her answer changed. She said "truthfully, you will be going to SJ instead of Princess Cays, we're just not suppose to tell anyone this". I asked her why and she said that they were suppose to tell people the original itinerary.....She said she understood it would be quite a while before Princess cays would be a port of call and she thought it would not be for several more months to come. I don't understand why they wouldn't tell people this....do they think you will cancel or demand some sort of refund for a itinerary change. Should I be expecting a port fee refund or anything? We're going to be there from 4PM to 11PM and I've been to San Juan before and I can't think of much to do in that time period. I think all of the shops will be closed around 5PM or so. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Happy cruising.......Anita
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Princess-A different answer this time

First off, I do not know why they are not being more upfront about this in customer service. Friends of mine that just came back said that the 1st Officer onboard told them that Princess Cays would not be operational until SOMETIME after the 1st of the year. Since I did not hear this directly I do not know whether this statement is true or not.

However, you will not be entitled to a refund of port charges because they will have to pay port charges in San Juan. The damage done to the island was completely out of their control. Since they are entitled to change ports at anytime with or without notice, unfortuanately for you, I highly doubt there will be any renumeration whatsoever.

Steve Hayes
Old November 20th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Princess-A different answer this time

I also don't understand why they weren't more upfront with you. I am sailing on the 12/13 Dawn and Princess sent me a letter telling us that Princess Cays and Isla Margarita were both removed from the itin. No other port was substituted. Did you book directly with Princess? I did. I'm wondering if you booked with an agency, if Princess sent a note to the agency who didn't share the info with you. What is all this secrecy about? I know they are entitled to change their itin, it's just nice to know in advance so you can plan.
Old November 21st, 2004, 12:12 PM
R. Davis

Just returned from Western Cruise aboard the Star Princess and Princess Cays was cancelled but Costa Maya added in it's place. I may be wrong but I believe that Princess Cays is owned by Princess and therefore the addition of San Jaun in your case would cost Princess in the Port fees. I doubt you will be getting a credit. We were also told that Grand Cayman was cancelled and we would be receiving a small credit to our account however the ship did go there in the end. I agree with you about S.J. I think it is a wasted stop and try to select itininaries that do not include S.J. Not much you can do in this case. Enjoy your cruise.
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

As for the front line reservation people at the cruiselines (those are who you get when you call the cruise line) - they cannot tell you anything except what Corporate HQ tells them too....even if they suspect that there may be substituted and cancelled port stops, until they are told by HQ to release the information, they can't.